What is normal back pressure numbers?

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Hey guys what is normal back pressure numbers on your trucks? I am getting 500psi also what units so you guys use to measure your back pressure?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Ummmm........you must mean 500kpa not 500 psi

500 kpa works out to about 72ish psi iirc

I assume you are monitoring with an SCT ?

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Ok it may be on kpa cause idk why but even in my boost whenever u put in psi it reads kpa readings and kpa readings is psi readings idk why but they are reversed.

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Got it changed to the right settings and I'll monitor my back pressure tomorrow and see where it's at. What's safe back pressure on these trucks?

Dan2427

Reaction score
If it maxes out at 72 what would be the problems to look for? Up pipes? Bad turbo/turbos? Sorry just trying to learn all I can since I'm still in market for a 6.4 and my dad had a 6.4 as well.

Poglife

Reaction score
I'm gonna try custom tunes from gearhead I max my sensor out with my spartan and h&s with canned tunes

sootie

Reaction score
If it maxes out at 72 what would be the problems to look for? Up pipes? Bad turbo/turbos? Sorry just trying to learn all I can since I'm still in market for a 6.4 and my dad had a 6.4 as well.

run a smaller tune.

getting custom tunes is a good start-then add a gate.

Jbird

Reaction score
Why do sct boost gauges have to be in in Kpa? If you put it in psi its throws crazy numbers

Latest posts

Members online