What parts to consider for a trans for drag racing

Stroked777

Reaction score
im working with a budget and was wondering what hard parts you need for a transmission that see the strip and will hold 700 hp, i know a billet input and clutches are a must, but what else? shoul i do a billet overdrive hub and leave the low/reverse stock. thanks for any input

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
If I did it again I would go full tilt all out but mine is holding good with billet input and low/reverse hub, suncoast iron pak 3 kit and RCD converter so I can't complain.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Alrighty I'll stick with my all billet plan. Originally I was gunna make it a deticated dd/ puller and go all billet but my interests changed and thought I would dd and drag race but I might as well do it right the first time like you all said. I thought a low reverse hub wasn't nessisery in a drag race application, or thought someone said I could do with out it

RSK

Reaction score
stay in every night for a 2 weeks or a month or whatever you have to do to increase your budget so you can go all out on the trans build, because if you are like any of us on here your truck won't be at 700 very long you will get bored or want to get more competitive and you will make more power then expected.

bigaF250

Reaction score
On a budget I went xhd input, iron pac 3, and a dpc convertor. Replace solenoids and had to replace bushings and one basket. Truck is a dd and a race every now and then. Tow heavy a lot. 800hp is the goal for power. Around 550 now. Basic mods

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.