What software do you use????

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Howdy y'all!!

This is aimed at the guys that do there own tuning on the 7.3L Powerstrokes..

Who's and What software do you all use to self tune your 7.3L??

I have looked at the MINOTAUR™ AUTOMOTIVE TUNING SYSTEM from Power Hungry Performance..

And I have looked at the Sniper commando software by Delta Force.. BUT i am not shore if it has near as good as support as PHP's software AND i am not sure if it will let you do 300/200 injectors.. sounds like it is more own the line of "it will work IF you only have so much done" to your engine..

OR do you even need the supporting software if you have the things needed to read and change the setting on you PCM?? Like could a guy use TunerPro format and do the rest yourself??

Who all else make a "tune it yourself" software and stuff for the 7.3L Powerstroke??

All the input i can get would be great!!! Thanks!!!

dietoremain

Reaction score
Word.. I've heard great things about the PHP software, they are awesome people to deal with too thats for sure.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I use PHP Minotaur. It's niiiiiiiiice.

Lots to learn though. Takes a lot of time and patience. Certainly not for the faint of heart. But there's a good group of people ready and willing to help.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I use PHP Minotaur. It's niiiiiiiiice.

Lots to learn though. Takes a lot of time and patience. Certainly not for the faint of heart. But there's a good group of people ready and willing to help.

Thanks Pocket! I have heard good thing about his software.. I just like to keep my option open! On second thought, What all did you have to get from PHP just to read and tune the computer???

5ninef250

Reaction score
Anyone use SCT Advantage 3 software? A friend of mine used it for his 6.4 as well as my old 6.0, worked nicely.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Howdy y'all!!

This is aimed at the guys that do there own tuning on the 7.3L Powerstrokes..

Who's and What software do you all use to self tune your 7.3L??

I have looked at the MINOTAUR™ AUTOMOTIVE TUNING SYSTEM from Power Hungry Performance..

And I have looked at the Sniper commando software by Delta Force.. BUT i am not shore if it has near as good as support as PHP's software AND i am not sure if it will let you do 300/200 injectors.. sounds like it is more own the line of "it will work IF you only have so much done" to your engine..

OR do you even need the supporting software if you have the things needed to read and change the setting on you PCM?? Like could a guy use TunerPro format and do the rest yourself??

Who all else make a "tune it yourself" software and stuff for the 7.3L Powerstroke??

All the input i can get would be great!!! Thanks!!!

Another thing I would like to add to this...

Does the software you use have 3D maps??? this is somthing I would prefer BUT would not need..

Thanks for the input Guys!!!! Keep it coming!!!

907DAVE

Reaction score
3k...you guys are high!!!

IIRC its $250 for Minotaur and another $225 for your specific PCM definitions.

Minotaur is soo much better than Sniper because it allow you to adjust way more. The Sniper in more of an entry level tuning program that is very limited, Minotaur has no limits and lets you tune to your hearts desire.

Minotaur has many different ways to view the maps.....3D, 2D, or strait numbers...all of which have their place.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have Minotaur.... If you have a chip burner and chip already then its like an extra 450 and your on your way to tuning.

But definitely be aware that you will have to put in countless hours to make the software pay off, its not a simple task at all. I thought I was ready to tackle it and im still in the learning stages after a month

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I have Minotaur.... If you have a chip burner and chip already then its like an extra 450 and your on your way to tuning.

But definitely be aware that you will have to put in countless hours to make the software pay off, its not a simple task at all. I thought I was ready to tackle it and im still in the learning stages after a month

And now you're throwin in the towel and calling er quits riiiight....

:D

:pointlaugh:

CurtisF

Reaction score
Thanks Pocket! I have heard good thing about his software.. I just like to keep my option open! On second thought, What all did you have to get from PHP just to read and tune the computer???
I bought the Minotaur software, the definition for my PCM, and the burner. IIRC I paid around $650 at the time, and I think it might have been on sale then too.

Php is like 3k :shocked:
It's nowhere near $3K. What you are looking at is the full package with ALL definitions to tune any 7.3L truck, van, SUV, etc. Basically it allows you to tune commercially.

Another thing I would like to add to this...

Does the software you use have 3D maps??? this is somthing I would prefer BUT would not need..

Thanks for the input Guys!!!! Keep it coming!!!

Yes, Minotaur has 3D graph displays for some maps... such as fuel injection pulsewidth, injection pressure, etc. However, the software goes well beyond the eyecandy of 3D maps.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks to all that posted up!!! And shared there information and knowledge with me, About this subject!! I Really enjoyed it!! This is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night thinking. AND making plans!!!

Thanks!!!

But please keep sharing information!!! It is always good to hear all you can!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks Brian!!! I should have done a poll!!! PHP software would beat hands down!!! no other software has been posted as being used..

Thanks Guys!!! I got my answer. But please feel free to keep posting!! That would be great!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I would say it is your choice.. BUT if all you are going to do is little mods, Then I would say there is no point in trying to buy all the stuff to do your own tunning.. But if you like the thought of "live tunning" But cant ever make it and cant spend the money for them to came to you. THEN it might be a good idea to get the software IF you feel like you can do it!!!!