What the heck is going on....... .05 ref volts ICP

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
No change man with ICP unplugged. I'll start checking on these sensor ohms and ground and voltage. I bought a Chilton book and was a complete waste of money. Will my alldatadiy program have the correct voltage for these other sensors you listed? I'm not sure what to look for. Its raining today here so haven't been able to get on it like I had hoped.
thanks

Not sure if all data is going to have reference voltages for the sensors. More of just check and make sure they arent .01 or .00 like your icp.

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
Ok thx. Merry Christmas! Hope your enjoying it. I plan to work on this truck a lot more. It's now not starting because it's as if dead battery, down rapidly and then nothing. 5v at pin on ICP pig but .01 on my gauge..??? That's the max from CPU. Baro made no change, map no chamge. Voltage on my gauge just went from 11 to 6 in like three seconds just as I tried to.
Then checked batteries and both 12. The truck is freaking out! Let me ck the codes

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
So I got back on it yesterday. Did pretty serious harness inspection and plugged all the sensor back in and started it up and built pressure fairly quickly and was running good. So I backed it out and went three blocks away to ck on my guys and ran and shifted and had usuall power. It warmed up. Went for a highway test which is less than a mile from where I live and it shut off conveniently again right to where I could coast into a parking lot. Using my scan gauge saw 3000 psi while hammering on it and when I tried to restart was slow to build pressure and IPR was up. Leak? Did pressure test when I got home thru ICP and saw vapors coming out of oil fill tube and could hear air from my turbo for I had taken off the tubes from the air filter. Retested once I realized I should pull oil filter out and listen and heard bubbles there. pulled valve cover off where I heard on drivers side and sounds like air was coming out of the back injector 8 which I had just had out to replace the connector.
My plan tomorrow is to pull oil rail off and inspect that side and insure injector is seated properly and o ring is in tack. Dummy plug o rings were fine and I'll inspect stand pipe rings as well. Then retest

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
The codes I pulled today were eot sensor low voltage which I'm stil not sure is plugged right, it seats but doesn't click, fuel volume reg control valve 0001, MAF low voltage, low voltage inj 8 which I just replaced internal pigtail a month ago and intend to inspect, inj 3 low circuit, cyl 2 low circuit, inj 2 open circuit. What a mess!!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The maf codes can be set from having it unplugged, or it running like chit. Injector codes are gonna be fun, sounds ficm or harness related to me. I replied in the other thread as well, as it popped up first...

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
Cool. I fealt it best to start another one now glad your on board. I'm sure this process will help many. Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online