What the heck is this noise!

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Welcome to my world, mine is on the passenger side widshield pillar. Cant pinpoint it. Asked ford they drove it and it did it but even they arent sure. From what ive read on here its poor windshield seal from factory. When the weather is bad and windy on the highway mine does it all the time but as soon as it starts to rain it will stop.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Welcome to my world, mine is on the passenger side widshield pillar. Cant pinpoint it. Asked ford they drove it and it did it but even they arent sure. From what ive read on here its poor windshield seal from factory. When the weather is bad and windy on the highway mine does it all the time but as soon as it starts to rain it will stop.

Lol. I figured it was wind related. Sounds like my truck is playing the harmonica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhudson

Reaction score
Best guess. Mine did it too. Seems like it was only from the passenger side at highway speeds on windy days.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
If the little plastic pieces in the door jam are the blend doors i have removed them for a test run and it acts exactly the same so its not those rattling

bhudson

Reaction score
Haha no those are just little plastic pieces in your door jam. It is annoying as hell. Mine used to do it all the time. Got on my damn nerve

Cpstanley

Reaction score
Mine was making a terrible sound like a blown speaks on a road trip. Took it to dealership and showed them several videos I had recorded. They found the windshield was t sealed well and took whole thing off and revealed. No more noise!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Mine was making a terrible sound like a blown speaks on a road trip. Took it to dealership and showed them several videos I had recorded. They found the windshield was t sealed well and took whole thing off and revealed. No more noise!!

^this. Seen a bunch of it, mostly on 11s and 12s. And is typically only prevalent at high highway speeds and/or with a heavy head or crosswind when it hits just right.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It seems that you can start putting tape around the windshield until the noise stops. That should prove the theory that it isn't sealed. Sounds like a common issue.

Latest posts

Members online