What to clean up when the turbos blow?

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
We'll the POS batmo wheels threw the exhaust side completely out the down pipe or somewhere b/c we can't find it. So since I'm screwed & cores are shot due to damage to both housing what would you do? Oil change, clean intake & IC or is there other stuff to ensure metal doesn't end up in motor once new chargers are on pressurizing system to be sure metal doesn't go through heads/valves like cleaning/check intake manifold? Any help would be greatly appreciated all, Thanks. Jayson

78f100

Reaction score
Did the compressor wheel on either turbo come apart?
I would clean all the charge pipes and ic as best as you can. It has to be small shavings to go through the ic. If the compressor side did get damaged honestly by the time you shut it down the damage has already been done if any. I have had some severe turbo failures come in the shop and have never had a engine damaged bad enough to know at least. The ic catches the big stuff. Look at the axle hump for your wheel if you have a ****** pipe on it, if you have a muffler that's where it will be.
Oil change for sure.
Also up pipes and manifolds, a heavy piece of wheel could be in there if the hp turbo broke also. Look at the wheel on it, if it's good then you don't have much to worry about on that side.

Last edited:

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Did the compressor wheel on either turbo come apart?
I would clean all the charge pipes and ic as best as you can. It has to be small shavings to go through the ic. If the compressor side did get damaged honestly by the time you shut it down the damage has already been done if any. I have had some severe turbo failures come in the shop and have never had a engine damaged bad enough to know at least. The ic catches the big stuff. Look at the axle hump for your wheel if you have a ****** pipe on it, if you have a muffler that's where it will be.
Oil change for sure.
Also up pipes and manifolds, a heavy piece of wheel could be in there if the hp turbo broke also. Look at the wheel on it, if it's good then you don't have much to worry about on that side.

I'm being told it's on the exhaust side, factory shaft failure. He's started truck 2x w/fresh oil & says it sounds smooth but warns once new turbos pressurize system again he can't guarantee something that's unseen may go through heads/valves..? Swears it's not the batmos bc it broke on exhaust side & thats gone. Just hope motors ok once we figure out replacement ideas.

Latest posts

Members online