what to upgrade next on my 6.0?

6.0stroker

Reaction score
I have a 05 6.0 with 108k I have 4" tb, sct w stock tunes, afe cai, mbrp intake elbow w pipe, egr delete just ordered, what should I do next for upgrades?

weazel

Reaction score
What's the budget?

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Well im not sure of budget yet, lets say one or two things at a time. Im not lookin for a sled pullin truck lol just want 150-200 more horse if its possible

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Anything is possible with time and money lol you could certainly start with egr delete abd arp head studs if you already don't have them then move on to injectors and turbo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Sorry if i sound dumb but i dont know much about diesels, can I do a turbo without doin injectors right away and someone said I do blue spring and banjo bolts to?

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Yeah you could but I probably wouldnt on factory head studs that's just me. And ive heard about doing blue springs never done them and yeah on the banjo bolts you can get a set of 6.4 banjo bolts pretty cheap and easy to put on. I had my brother put those on my 03 6.0

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Ok then im gonna do delete and studs first, how much for a turbo and injectors and wat power will that give me and where to get best prices on those

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Before doing anything for more power I would highly suggestion doin stuff to benefit ur truck. Blue spring upgrade helps out the injectors. Coolant filtration systems are great, but if u can afford it, STUD IT!

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Delete and studs won't gain anything really it just fixes the problems with a 6.0. Also when you do head studs make sure you go back with factory head gaskets or I got a set of River city diesel ones. They are just as good. And as for injectors and turbo, it depends on how big u go and how much you wanna spend. I just got my injectors built by Warren diesel ive heard a lot of great things about them and they were great to deal with. I just got 155cc/stock nozzles which is just a bump over stock, and they were 600 plus core charge. And they are about the cheapest ive found you can spends thousands on injectors and just as much or more on a turbo. Like said above it depends on your budget

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Warren diesel for injectors or full force I'm sure there's more here on the site just ideas

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
And if u wanna be in the 500-550 hp range u might wanna check out transmissions also lol

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Also invest in a good set of gauges or a programmer that monitors some of that. Like ECT, EOT, EGT, fuel pressure, All the goodies

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Can I do one stud at a time wthout removing the head cuz im do not wanna lifty cab

weazel

Reaction score
Can I do one stud at a time wthout removing the head cuz im do not wanna lifty cab

If you do that you will end up lifting the cab after the gaskets blow

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I've heard of a few guys doing heads cab on but I won't do it that way to much of a pita

weazel

Reaction score
I've heard of a few guys doing heads cab on but I won't do it that way to much of a pita

No joke, just pull the cab and do it right the first time.

Racerorr

Reaction score
Remember when you cut corners now you pay the price later. Save up stud it and delete it then worry about power. If you already have delete you can get studs for $450 and victor rienz gaskets for $150. No oint in doing it backwards and possibly cracking a piston.

Latest posts

Members online