What's Next?

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
I got my truck back from Powerstroke Enginuties a month ago (EXCELLENT work they performed. Highly recommend). I had Dorian and his crew bulletproof my truck along with installing a powermax with a wicked wheel 2, custom up pipes, S&B intake, regulated return, monitor and tunes from Gearhead.

Currently I'm running Matt's SRL+. Cruising down the highway at 75mph, my boost is at 7psi, EGT's are right around 1040 degrees, oil is at 204 and coolant is 196.

What are some ways I would be able to lower my EGT's along with adding power? I'm still fairly new and would like to learn more about the 6.0.

Any opinions on what should be applied next would be great. Wether it's more air or a combo of air and fuel, I'm open to suggestions.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
You can get a thicker, better intercooler and a ported intake. I'd say intercooler first then an intake. Also depending on how you want to use your truck will dictate how big of a turbo you can get/use.

The powermax is fine, but you'll need to have powermax specific tunes. Did you tell them when you bought the tune from Gearheads?

Also I'd check for boost leaks, and what is your tire size... Lifted?

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
I'd like my truck to be a mean daily driver that occasionally sees a trailer with a four wheeler on it or a 21ft boat.

From what Dorian has told me, the tunes are for the powermax, but I haven't sent a tune off to Gearhead just to make sure.

What are common areas that leak? And I have 37" toyos and a 6" lift.

sootie

Reaction score
ported intake manifold for sure. also check that the tune you are running is adjusted for the powermax. What air intake are you running?

william_ace

Reaction score
You might want to re-gear if you plan on keeping 37s from now on. Would take a lot of stress off of the drive train and could lower egts and feel like more power etc.

MT KingRanch

Reaction score
1040 deg. just cruising down the highway? Ouch, gearing for sure.
BPD 7.3 fan clutch and adapter, will knock those EOT/ECT temps down. Works Great.
Isn't what I've been reading saying is best to run a billet single plane wheel in the PowerMax??

Last edited:

Navigator

Reaction score
Here are my numbers at 60 & 70MPH. with the mods in my sig.
Like others said.... gearing, intercooler and ported intake should help a lot. What size injectors are you running?

60_70EDGE.jpg

bretferd

Reaction score
I say go to KC turbo and try his single plane billet compressor wheel and get rid of the ww2. If that doesn't get you down enough try an absolute performance intake manifold. Also I would regear.

Navigator

Reaction score
I say go to KC turbo and try his single plane billet compressor wheel and get rid of the ww2. If that doesn't get you down enough try an absolute performance intake manifold. Also I would regear.

KC also now has a drop in 10 blade gt40/pmax/2003 turbine wheel the would be sweet with his single plane billet wheel.

bretferd

Reaction score
KC also now has a drop in 10 blade gt40/pmax/2003 turbine wheel the would be sweet with his single plane billet wheel.

He already has the 10 blade wheel in his powermax. Even if he did have a stock 2004-07 turbo, the 10 blade turbo wheel would be worse for cruisng speed EGT's.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Subbing, I'm in a similar boat too, but mine won't be pulling anything lol. Your egt's are a LOT warmer than mine, probably a lot to do with gearing. I'd be very interested in a ported intake mani if I were in your shoes. I also need to check into getting revised tuning for the pmax.

I forgot you were on site, Mason lol

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
Subbing, I'm in a similar boat too, but mine won't be pulling anything lol. Your egt's are a LOT warmer than mine, probably a lot to do with gearing. I'd be very interested in a ported intake mani if I were in your shoes. I also need to check into getting revised tuning for the pmax.

I forgot you were on site, Mason lol

That's what I'm planning on, Phillip. I'm still trying to find a job in Houston though. Moving sucks, but down time while job hunting sucks even more!

But I'm wanting to go with an absolute apex manifold, and the decision is still up in the air about the intercooler and radiator. Then regearing once I get those taken care of.

Latest posts

Members online