Wheel and Tire Question

Vawter

Reaction score
I finally ordered some new wheels and tires for my 06 F250. Went back and forth for months on what I wanted. I ended up going with 18x10 moto metal 970 which have a -24 offset. I went with 305/65r18 (33.6x12) falken wild peaks for tires. My question is if anyone has any idea if they can be made to fit at stock height. I don't have a problem leveling it if I have to but I am going to try not to. I am willing to trim any plastic, but I don't want to bend any metal. Anyone have experience with this or something close?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Bend metal...no. Trim some plastic or wheel liner....maybe. You should only see these issues while turning with movement in the suspension. At most a 1" or 2" leveling kit would solve your potential issues.

mandkole

Reaction score
may have to shim the bumper outward a little? You'll be pretty close and should only take minor adjustment...go for it.

Reaction score
I have 305/55R20s on my stock height 2000 with 20x10 zero offset wheels. They barely rub at full lock on the leaf springs. Your wheels are going to push the tires farther out than mine, so the only thing you might rub is the inner fender which you can ziptie back or maybe the bottom part of the bumper which you can trim off if you want to. I wouldn't be too worried about those tires on a stock height truck.

Vawter

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone! Good to know that I should not have to do much. I will post up some pics when I get them on, just waiting for the tires to show up.

Latest posts

Members online