When to fire ring the heads....

strokin6L

Reaction score
Here in Northern California we don't got to many options. Doubt it will ever happen but any chance a non-oring setup will handle 700hp?

Sent from a Californian ruined by smog laws

Buy them already done. I bought mine from UCF

Attachments

• IMG_20160121_135900.jpg
    IMG_20160121_135900.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Here in Northern California we don't got to many options. Doubt it will ever happen but any chance a non-oring setup will handle 700hp?

Give me a call if you want. I have a shop that does them for a very fair price. What part of NC are you in?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I was just told by my local shop that they've had a few o'ring jobs that leak a little coolant until the engine warmed up, and that he was told by the o'ring supplier that some a them just did that. Is this just one brand of o'rings or is this a characteristic you have to overlook with o'rings?

Thats a joke! Maybe if the o rings have too much protrusion! We are thinking of offering a lifetime warranty on head gasket jobs if customers buy all the parts through us and o ring the heads.

scorpion67

Reaction score
Thats a joke! Maybe if the o rings have too much protrusion! We are thinking of offering a lifetime warranty on head gasket jobs if customers buy all the parts through us and o ring the heads.

What gaskets do you use with your o'rings? I'm assuming a stock wouldn't be designed for the intense clamping force right under the o'ring.?

Merc82

Reaction score
What gaskets do you use with your o'rings? I'm assuming a stock wouldn't be designed for the intense clamping force right under the o'ring.?

I used stock gaskets on mine and standard ARPs.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

We use Victor Reinz which are exactly like stock.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Stock, Black Diamond and Victor Reinz are identical. They all can be used with O-ringed heads. Also Fel-pro are good!

Latest posts

Members online