When to use plug in Engine block warmer

Mpoage

Reaction score
Also the Block warmer is standard on every engine. The cord is an optional accessory. Hopefully they only charged you for the cord install which just plugs in.

That is not true for the 6.7. You have buy the whole element and cord if your truck did not come with one.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Also the Block warmer is standard on every engine. The cord is an optional accessory. Hopefully they only charged you for the cord install which just plugs in.

I don't think the warmer is stander any more. It was on the old trucks but don't think the 6.7. Mine did not have the block or warm installed in the block. I had to purchase both pieces.

alwil

Reaction score
I don't think the warmer is stander any more. It was on the old trucks but don't think the 6.7. Mine did not have the block or warm installed in the block. I had to purchase both pieces.

Might depend on where you live, I know mine came with one

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

duddy

Reaction score
Might depend on where you live, I know mine came with one

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Heaters are standard based on first sale area. In Wisconsin in diesels, they have one installed, being that the standard winter temps are reached per OEM user guide. Ones brought up from the south usually need one added.

twofazed

Reaction score
Here's mine cold starting, -37 in Canada, '12 engine with 50,000km. Wasn't plugged in and sat in the yard for 2 days. Very impressive, even some new gas trucks wouldn't go even with a boost.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Where can you get the heater and cord? Is it a DIY project?

I bought mine from my local ford dealer. Originally I was going to install, but the dealer said the batteries and starter had to be removed and radiator disconnected/drained. So I let them do it. Was about $220 parts and $250 ish install.
Some guys on here have installed it them selfs though. For me it was quicker and more convenient during an oil change to let the dealer do it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.