Where did I go wrong with lift kit?

Reaction score
I have the 7" PMF Alpha lift and cannot get tires to stop rubbing. I have tried cutting on bumper, spacing bumper out .75", and cutting some more. It rubs when I am making a turn and the truck flexes on the outside edge of the tire to the outside edge of the bumper.

Tires: 37 x 13.5 x 20
Wheels: Fuel Hostage 20 x 12, -44mm offset PT#: D50920201747

Just looking to see what can be done as next step is getting everything to go 8" to see if that helps. Any suggestions welcome.

08Monster

Reaction score
Ever thought of doing an aftermarket bumper? Looks good, provides extra protection, and gives lots of room for bigger tires.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Maybe you can shorten whatever front link bars you have if you have enough clearance in the back?

Reaction score
Its hitting on the bumper or the valance?

It is hitting on the bumper. I have cut just about all I can without starting to cut some of the mounting points off for valance and bracket.

Also shouldn't have used that title. The truck rides better than it did stock with the lift on it. Nothing on your end as far as lift, more of a rim/tire thing.

I also was just literally just thinking on way home about a bumper to get extra clearance.

NotStock

Reaction score
If its hitting on the bumper side pretty bad, you might want to pull the axle towards the back of the truck a little and get it closer to the fender side. The wider the wheel and the more offset the more the tire/wheel swings front to rear as you turn, so the more clearance your going to need.

08Monster

Reaction score
It is hitting on the bumper. I have cut just about all I can without starting to cut some of the mounting points off for valance and bracket.

Also shouldn't have used that title. The truck rides better than it did stock with the lift on it. Nothing on your end as far as lift, more of a rim/tire thing.

I also was just literally just thinking on way home about a bumper to get extra clearance.
Apparently it's not such a dumb idea. I recommend Elijah at Road Rhino. Amazing service!!! I've done 10+ of his WIY kits, and bought 5-6 fully welded ones, quality is top notch as it can get. Best customer service I've ever dealt with, the owner himself answers the phones.

Pockets

Reaction score
Apparently it's not such a dumb idea. I recommend Elijah at Road Rhino. Amazing service!!! I've done 10+ of his WIY kits, and bought 5-6 fully welded ones, quality is top notch as it can get. Best customer service I've ever dealt with, the owner himself answers the phones.
Is there anywhere i can find more info on the Road Rhino bumpers. I like the way they look but their website kinda sucks.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have the 7" PMF Alpha lift and cannot get tires to stop rubbing. I have tried cutting on bumper, spacing bumper out .75", and cutting some more. It rubs when I am making a turn and the truck flexes on the outside edge of the tire to the outside edge of the bumper.

Tires: 37 x 13.5 x 20
Wheels: Fuel Hostage 20 x 12, -44mm offset PT#: D50920201747

Just looking to see what can be done as next step is getting everything to go 8" to see if that helps. Any suggestions welcome.
Im assuming that's 7" coils. Do the 1" undercoil spacer trevor offers to put you at 8". Only downside is added cost to lift the back too.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Take your fog brackets off, I'm guessing that's what you're hitting.

I'm on 8" and clear my 37s fine. Going to 10" and 14 wides and aftermarket bumper to clear 40s

Reaction score
Here is what it is hitting.
fa7d8fb192e3bcd2d4b6f7e436f6775a.jpg

Reaction score
I am going to try and cut the bracket to about 50% of its width and that will put it inside the bumper. If that still rubs then I will try and cut the bumper some. I did notice without the bracket and the bumper spaced out, the rear of the bumper hangs a little low. So the brackets need to be on the truck in my case.

Latest posts

Members online