Where to mount antifreeze filter

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Didn't buy it for a 7.3. For the guys who got an OBS and kits like the Diesel Site kit, where did you mount it? On of the main hurdles left to clear.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Didn't buy it for a 7.3. For the guys who got an OBS and kits like the Diesel Site kit, where did you mount it? On of the main hurdles left to clear.

I machined a bracket that utilizes the two passenger side alternator bolts and hung it off the side of the alternator.
Never liked the idea of hanging it directly over the PCM/IDM like most guys do.

Reaction score
I bent some diamond plate and made a bracket to hang off of where the coolant over flow tank bolts to. It's tight but works. I can get some pictures if you wanna see.

dmd

Reaction score
You will only need it for a few months or so. After the coolant has the debris out of it
you can take it off. Just find a place and run some extra hose to get it connected
while you have it on.

Reaction score
You will only need it for a few months or so. After the coolant has the debris out of it
you can take it off. Just find a place and run some extra hose to get it connected
while you have it on.

I would still leave it on. Just my opinion.

rusty1161

Reaction score
while you have it on.

I would still run it. The SCA that coats the cylinder walls has to go somewhere when it wears out.

Rusty

rusty1161

Reaction score
That has changed, their new bracket mounts to the alternator. I will have pics soon, maybe Monday. We'll see how it fits with Banks I/C pipes.

Rusty

No dice, I mocked it up tonight and it won't fit as is. Back to the drawing board. I might be able to make this bracket work. I forgot to ask if it would fit when I ordered the bracket, so it's all on me.

Rusty

Reaction score
It'll fit trust me. I must have stared under my hood for hours. Trying to find a suitable spot and finally found one. You'll see tomorrow.

Tom S

Reaction score
Mine is mounted to the core support next to the passenger side battery.

Latest posts

Members online