which airdog would you reccomend

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the airdog165 4g or the airdog 150. The reason why I can't make my mind up is there any performance or benefit seen in pluming the airdog 165 in place of the oe lift pump in compared to having the airdog 150 feeding the factory pump? The only reason why I would want to retain the factory pump is that just in case the airdog died on me, that it wouldn't leave me stranded and the factory pump could pull fuel through the airdog. But the airdog 4g claims to be more reliable and if there is performance or fuel economy gains to be had, I might lean towards the airdog 165 4g and get rid of the factory pump all together. thanks

NathannialD

Reaction score
I wouldn't put Airdog on my worst enemies truck. Reliability is crap. Factory pump is fine.

while i have heard of numerous failures we have actually had good luck with them, my truck has had the ad2 200 for several years among tons of other trucks running them. I will agree there are much better options just sometimes the budget doesnt allow for them.

Reaction score
I know this is in the 6.4 section and I don't have a 6.4 but I did have an airdog 165 on my 7.3. I was just sent my 3rd replacement pump. First one died with only 9k on it. The second with just 4k. When I got this last one I sold it to a guy at work to put on a dodge. Lol although the pumps didn't prove reliable for me. I can't complain about the customer service from them. This last time I called airdog on a Monday and the new pump was at my door on Thursday. Not trying to scare anyone away from them. Just telling my experience with them.

NathannialD

Reaction score
I know this is in the 6.4 section and I don't have a 6.4 but I did have an airdog 165 on my 7.3. I was just sent my 3rd replacement pump. First one died with only 9k on it. The second with just 4k. When I got this last one I sold it to a guy at work to put on a dodge. Lol although the pumps didn't prove reliable for me. I can't complain about the customer service from them. This last time I called airdog on a Monday and the new pump was at my door on Thursday. Not trying to scare anyone away from them. Just telling my experience with them.

This is true when forced to run such high supply pressure like the 7.3 and 6.0 require they dont last and we never run them. I was only addressing the low pressure setups 7-15 psi on duramax and 6.4 trucks.

Reaction score
This is true when forced to run such high supply pressure like the 7.3 and 6.0 require they dont last and we never run them. I was only addressing the low pressure setups 7-15 psi on duramax and 6.4 trucks.

I figured they would last longer running a lower pressure. That's most likely why I had so much trouble with them. I was running the regulator wide open and it was still not enough fuel after half throttle.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I went through 2 AD II 165's on my 6.4. I got a Fuelab velocity 200 from Morgan and it's been 40k miles of no issues so far.

As a side note, I went through 2 AD's with in 21k miles.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
while i have heard of numerous failures we have actually had good luck with them, my truck has had the ad2 200 for several years among tons of other trucks running them. I will agree there are much better options just sometimes the budget doesnt allow for them.

supposedly they switched motor manufactures and that's why all of the pumps from the last year or so are terrible. I have also had several failures on customers and personal trucks.....6.4's

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Fuelab..........Done.

I've been running a fuel lab for about 6-months my truck and it hasn't missed a beat. Combined with a mwd un-regulated return system, never had a fuel issue, no drop in rail pressure, no leaking K13, or lift pump failure. It's been an awesome pump. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online