Which rear leaf to remove?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Many seem to be happy with the ride quality of removing a leaf or two in the rear. Which leaf is the best to remove for ride quality?

Right now the truck is stock with rear block removed and Bilsteins. Looking to put the block back in and remove a leaf or two. Pictures would be great.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I just went out there and pulled out the 3rd leaf.... will post results. Reason for pulling it was because it did not have a clamp around it. Im afraid it will be too soft, but ill know here in a little bit.

Still curious as to what everybody else has done. I can always change it up.

I also forgot how heavy the rear springs are...

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm kind of curious about this myself, but for different reasons. I have a set of front lift springs that I wish were 2" or so lower an thought about pulling a leaf or 2 but I don't know if it'd help me any

907DAVE

Reaction score
I pulled the flat bottom leaf and the 2nd one up from the bottom (the one without the clamp) on mine recently. I believe it lowered the rear close to 2''.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
After a couple of days of driving, the ride is definitely a little better. Now i just need to fix the front end. The only reason i didnt remove the fatty is so that when i go to the track i could clamp it if i need to.

kruser02

Reaction score
Any updates? I am looking to remove a leaf or two and soften up the ride on my truck.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I removed the leaf without a clamp on it, you will have to maneuver the leafs to get it out but it is fairly easy. The ride is a little softer and it lowered the rear about 1.5 inches. Obviously dont do this if you tow heavy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.