Which shocks

Black04Ram

Reaction score
Truck is a 2002 f350 4x4 srw, leveled in the front.. and no longer do any hauling. Which shock would you go with for street driving? Thanks in advance!

PABowhunter

Reaction score
How much improvement in ride quality have you guys seen with Fox over other brands such as Bilstein or Rancho?

Is the price worth it?

sootie

Reaction score
How much improvement in ride quality have you guys seen with Fox over other brands such as Bilstein or Rancho?

Is the price worth it?

rancho shouldnt even be mentioned. They are absolute chit. Both for ride & longevity. if they make 20k i am shocked (no pun intended)

Bilstiens ride very firm, and tend to get harder as the miles get put on.

Fox is not really more expensive depending on where you buy them and they have a controlled ride but noticeably more comfortable than the other two mentioned. i havent seen a shock fail out of warranty yet and have been running them for years on multiple trucks. I wont buy anything else.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Good deal. It's one of the things I've overlooked on my truck. I've been riding around on Monroe reflexes from Napa for the last few years.

I definitely want to upgrade here at some point if the ride is that much better, or as good as it can be with leaf springs up front.

emev0l

Reaction score
Fox 2.0's

Bilstein 5100 rear shocks are harsh unloaded, they ride fine with a load

The Fox 2.0's are worth the money

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Fox 2.0s are definitely where it's at for an "affordable" shock. The 2.0 smooth bodies are an impressive improvement over Bilstein 5100's.

Hell just hold the two of them in your hand and you will see the improvement.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.