which tranny?

3brorce

Reaction score
I may go with a Warren tranny too when the time comes. Steer clear just because they are not a sponsor?? That doesnt make much sense to me really. I understand the forum is alive because of sponsors but still. Maybe thats just me

jdgleason

Reaction score
I may go with a Warren tranny too when the time comes. Steer clear just because they are not a sponsor?? That doesnt make much sense to me really. I understand the forum is alive because of sponsors but still. Maybe thats just me

That statement probably came from a recent outburst of guys getting screwed and getting junk parts from non site sponsors. You may do a quick search for "soot powered". Enjoy.

3brorce

Reaction score
I was relaying my message for Warren Diesel. Jesse and his bro are good people.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Meh, do a little research on a few of the non-site sponsors and their products that people on the forum here have bought and had bad luck with. Always hate to see people take their business outside the reputable shops we have here, end up getting screwed and not being able to have the forum to turn to for help. Do what you wish though. Good luck

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
even tho jess isnt a site sponsor im sure alot of people can speak highly of him. just because he isnt a sponsor doesnt mean we shouldnt buy from them. he still gets on here and trys to help when he can. i have nothing against buying from site sponsors but i dont think just because he isnt then he makes a bad product or anything like that

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I dont think that site sponsorship should be the main reason to buy from someone ,but, I do think that IF a company gets a fair amount of business from a forum, they should do something In the form of sponsorship.

That is just common courtesy. But you may need to build a good base before you can get comfy enough to get sponsor status.

I do like to buy from site sponsors. I have in the past and will in the future. But I almost got burnt by a so-called sponsor and decided to go with someone else.

Come to think of it, I had a sponsor send a set of injectors to my shop after they for some reason attached my name to someone else's stock injectors that were just refreshed. Luckily I am a honest guy and sent them back with a quickness knowing someone else's build was waiting.

Moral of my post is sponsorship is not next to godliness.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I dont think that site sponsorship should be the main reason to buy from someone ,but, I do think that IF a company gets a fair amount of business from a forum, they should do something In the form of sponsorship.

That is just common courtesy. But you may need to build a good base before you can get comfy enough to get sponsor status.

I do like to buy from site sponsors. I have in the past and will in the future. But I almost got burnt by a so-called sponsor and decided to go with someone else.

Come to think of it, I had a sponsor send a set of injectors to my shop after they for some reason attached my name to someone else's stock injectors that were just refreshed. Luckily I am a honest guy and sent them back with a quickness knowing someone else's build was waiting.

Moral of my post is sponsorship is not next to godliness.

Site sponsorship usually allows the customer a fail-safe should they have any issues. No member of this forum is gonna let anybody get screwed by a shop here without stepping up and calling them out on it. Of course, if you don't say anything, then you don't get anything. Been in your shoes before though and sometimes just moving passed it is the cheapest road, and often the higher one. Each situation is different I suppose. Bottom line is that research is every bodies friend, and I would never recommend anybody to go outside this forum to do business when they don't have to. We have some of the best in the industry paying to be here to help everybody out. No reason not to utilize that. Just my $.02

Last edited:

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Site sponsorship usually allows the customer a fail-safe should they have any issues. No member of this forum is gonna let anybody get screwed by a shop here without stepping up and calling them out on it. Of course, if you don't say anything, then you don't get anything. Been in your shoes before though and sometimes just moving passed it is the cheapest road, and often the higher one. Each situation is different I suppose. Bottom line is that research is every bodies friend, and I would never recommend anybody to go outside this forum to do business when they don't have to. We have some of the best in the industry paying to be here to help everybody out. No reason not to utilize that. Just my $.02

zero argument from me about this. well said.

3brorce

Reaction score
Once again, my posts are for Warren Diesel. You should always do research before you buy something whether it be on a forum, from a vendor, non vendor whatever it is. That just makes common sense to me. Not everyone is going to buy things from a site sponsor and yes it is their own fault if they get screwed out of something if they have not done homework on who they are buying from. Not everyone is a forum member. I would not hesitate to buy from a sponsor but I know I will not have any problems going through Warren

Latest posts

Members online