who has swapped a sd engine harness on an obs?

ghohouston

Reaction score
i have a good e99 engine harness from an old motor i bought, and never used the harness. the engine harness on my obs is all sorts of ratty looking, and diesel soaked. i remember reading before where people had swapped sd engine harnesses into obs trucks. iirc, the big connector has to have some of the pins swapped around, and obviously the uvch's have to be changed to the sd style. anyone have any info?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Never did it but you do know that.....

SD trucks have the alternator and AC Compressor swapped.

There are guys that swapped SD PCMs into OBS trucks and they had to repin the OBS harness. It might be easier to swap in a SD PCM along with the harness. You'll have to get tunes burnt for single shot injectors if you go with a SD PCM.

Maybe this will help somewhat
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146299

Billy T.
[email protected]

ghohouston

Reaction score
yes i know about the alt and compressor being swapped, ill worry about that later, considering that would be the least of my wiring headache. i cant believe i had not thought about swapping a sd pcm, but would anything else need to be changed? im not positive but i think the 42 pin connector mainly goes to the pcm and idm, and we know that the idm's are all the same pin out, right?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Atleast you're safe with the ZF5. If you had an auto, the E4OD might have to be swapped for 4R100.

Billy T.
[email protected]

According to that thread, it would have to be a 4r, or have to have a pcs. And thanks for that link! I'm REALLY hoping I can just swap the e99 harness and sd pcm into the obs, and not have to re pin the 42 pin connector

old man dave

Reaction score
The SD PCM conversion OBS guys reported that the tack doesn't read correctly when hooked up. One guy found an aftermarket module that converts the SD tach signal to the OBS tach but it costs somewhere around $5-600 as I recall.

There's a SD PCM to OBS conversion thread either here or on PSN that covers this mod.

Peroni

Reaction score
The SD PCM conversion OBS guys reported that the tack doesn't read correctly when hooked up. One guy found an aftermarket module that converts the SD tach signal to the OBS tach but it costs somewhere around $5-600 as I recall.

Woah you are quite a ways off on the price. To make a SD pcm play nice with the OBS tach a Dakota Digital SGI-5 universal signal interface unit is required. They are $80-$90 max and not even required if one doesn't care about the tach working properly.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Which I don't for the meantime anyways care about the tach. I got on the psn thread, and got some info, but still need wiring diagrams of an e99 harness

ghohouston

Reaction score
i could, but that requires money, and im a broke s.o.b. at this time, and already have the e99 harness... and i would also have the 1 harness uvhc connectors. i realize it may seem pointless to some, but there are some things i like better about the sd harness...

m j

Reaction score
can you flash the SD pcm to a single shot tune so that it would run in bypass for diagnostics if you ever fry a chip?