Who Has The Best Tuning Now?

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
I use MPD with the mods listed I can tow camper and horses over mountain passes at any speed I want with egts only go up to 1080 tops and all other temps very low with the exception of oil temps, that will be the next upgrade oil filter relocation kit

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm super happy with Alberta Speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I have tyrant and have no complaints except at 7000 feet this weekend towing it looked like I had a smoke machine behind me

TexAg56

Reaction score
Im really happy with GH/AS too! Just wanting to try out sparttan or Tyrant only because GH is the only tunes I have ever ran so I have nothing to compare them to. I feel the shifting is really good however sometimes at wide open throttle there is sometimes a lag or miss but nothing too bad. I have also seen some shifts that idk if they were just hard shifts or something to worry about. Like I said I have nothing else to compare them to so IDK how good or bad it really is lol. But I have been deleeted with them for over 11k miles and my tranny seems as good as day 1 so they must be doing something right!

dcswetman

Reaction score
Ive had my AS/GH tunes for a little over a month now and like them a lot better than the PIP tunes I was running. Just wonder how I know i have the lastest update of the tunes.

NorthernSuperDuty

Reaction score
Tyrant.

But AS-GH is a close second. The difference is that Tyrant exhaust brake is the only one that actually works properly. And by that I mean, better than stock. I mean 20psi on the turbo gauge.

I have a ******d '15 and a '13 and I have tried most evey tune out there in pursuit of a properly functioning exh brake. **********, PIP, KEM, PPEI, AS-GH.....even bought the BD variable vane exhaust brake for my '13 (MISTAKE).
The AS-GH tune is awesome. Tons of power. Tow tune feels like others' performance tunes but with better shifting. But if the exh brake is important to you, it's Tyrant all the way. Works great. No codes. Great power and shifting. I had Cale adjust a couple small things on my tune and I got excellent, same-day service. I'm very happy that my quest for an exh brake tune has finally come to an end.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I think ultimately it boils down to a mix of platform and tuner.

Cale has nothing but good reviews. He has been around a long time.

if I had a 6.7, I'd be diving in to EZ Lynk and *******. Matt has mapped out more tables than anybody on the EDC17 to my knowledge. The entire EZ Lynk setup is taking advantage of more tables than your old MCC had/has.

As a self-tuner, I love the idea of MCC, but as an end-user, I believe the newer technology platform just has the ABILITY to give us better tunes, despite the limited number of people tuning on it. The good thing is that there are top people tuning on it.

I have found a glitch in every single H&S and every single aftermarket MCC trans tune that I've looked at. I don't know why it's in there. MCC allows me to change it. But I have also had things that show to change in MCC, but when I come back, there is a different value in there.

I continue to tinker with MCC from a hobbiest standpoint, but if you're the type to have a pro do your tuning for you, I'd be giving serious consideration to just buying a new platform for a grand or so... sell your current setup later (or sooner if you like the new setup)

new tunes are going to cost you a few hundred... I say put that towards a new platform with tunes that everybody seems to be liking and a platform that all of the big names are gravitating towards (and were probably already there behind the scenes helping to develop!)

You can always get different custom tunes later, but you'll be using the CURRENT platform that has been more extensively mapped out, so the chances of getting good quality tunes that don't have weird slam-shifting glitches in them are much higher IMO

change is always gonna be changing... might be time to make a change?

just my two cents :p

jwanck11

Reaction score
Sent you an email Mike for the updated AS tunes. Let me know if there is something more that you need.

Also interested in checking out Cale's tunes once he deals with the code.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Sent you an email Mike for the updated AS tunes. Let me know if there is something more that you need.

Also interested in checking out Cale's tunes once he deals with the code.

Yeah I'm running cales tuning with no codes.

Swanny307

Reaction score
Tyrant.

But AS-GH is a close second. The difference is that Tyrant exhaust brake is the only one that actually works properly. And by that I mean, better than stock. I mean 20psi on the turbo gauge.

I have a ******d '15 and a '13 and I have tried most evey tune out there in pursuit of a properly functioning exh brake. **********, PIP, KEM, PPEI, AS-GH.....even bought the BD variable vane exhaust brake for my '13 (MISTAKE).
The AS-GH tune is awesome. Tons of power. Tow tune feels like others' performance tunes but with better shifting. But if the exh brake is important to you, it's Tyrant all the way. Works great. No codes. Great power and shifting. I had Cale adjust a couple small things on my tune and I got excellent, same-day service. I'm very happy that my quest for an exh brake tune has finally come to an end.

How does one go about getting Tyrant tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.