Why are my Mpgs so low?

SgtDeitz

Reaction score
Ok I have a 08 6.4
On 37s with a bds 9"

Now I know lifting the truck would hurt Mpgs

But my neighbor has a 03 7.3 with 42s and a 12" lift and he can get 22 highway and about 16-17 city

Does not having it dpf deleted really drop my Mpgs that much?

I am new to diesels completely.

I had a 2011 gmc with a 12" total lift on 37s and got about 14 city. ? I hope I can get a good few answers thanks

Kris

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I think your neighbor isn't telling you the truth....

I don't know exactly what you will pick up with deletes and tuner with that big of a lift, but you can expect 2-3 increase I'd imagine. I had a 4.5" and 37s and the truck did much better once tuned... Not that you should give a crap at that height and tire size, but it does help.

You also never stated what your actually getting now...

And just because it's funny.... http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17133

SgtDeitz

Reaction score
Sorry I'm getting 11.4-12 on a easy day I only drive about 20 miles a day. I just simply wanted to know if maybe something is wrong. And what I can do to stretch my dollar that's all.

While the thread is funny I think it's ignorant. What's the point if a forum then asking questions and learning? It's the reason newbie diesel owners like me come to them. To get answer. Ask questions and learn. If that's the attitude the forum will have over and over then what's the point?

I'm a Army veteran and live around a bunch of marines so me luckily am used to all the kicking others down as a joke.

AZPSD64

Reaction score
I have an 08 with a 8" lift on 37s. Stock i was getting 11mpg city and 12 Hwy. After Dpf Delete and Spartin 275 tune and S&B CAI. I'm now getting 16mpg city and 18mpg Hwy.

sootie

Reaction score
I have an 08 with a 8" lift on 37s. Stock i was getting 11mpg city and 12 Hwy. After Dpf Delete and Spartin 275 tune and S&B CAI. I'm now getting 16mpg city and 18mpg Hwy.

no way.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I've always thought a mpg question with a lifted truck was comical. But I will try not to derail the thread.

I've got a 2.5" lift running 37s, and I'm deleted. I see about 13.5 city and that's hand calculated. Highway I get about 18 at 70mph.

Stock when I got it I was seeing about 12mpg. I deleted and went up to 37s about the same time so I expected it wouldn't get much better. Truthfully I get now about the same mpg as I got with my 1/2 ton on 37s. I'm still trying to figure that one out. This one is a whole lot more fun to drive though. :D

SgtDeitz

Reaction score
I agree it is defiantly more fun!

Again the Mpgs do not bother me to the point I don't want my truck. I drive very little and on trips we drive my wife's car

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
My 4.5" with 37s (CCLB with 3.73's) was doing around 13. That's city driving or 80mph+ on the highway.

Innovative way old ass street tune, 4" pipe, AFE, elite tranny.

Also, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just that thread popped into my head :hammer:

Thank you for your service by the way!

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I'm lowered on 33's and my lie o meter is at 10.5 right now. I would be ecstatic if I got 13. I quit keeping track of it years ago and am much happier.

AZPSD64

Reaction score
Thanks man

What dpf system did you use?

I bought it back in 08. It was a race pipe built by an indivdual on one of the fourms. The mileage i stated was hand calculated when driven normaly. I have seen my City mileage drop to 13-14 mpg in stop and go traffic. And I'm
running 3:73 gears.

SgtDeitz

Reaction score
My 4.5" with 37s (CCLB with 3.73's) was doing around 13. That's city driving or 80mph+ on the highway.

Innovative way old ass street tune, 4" pipe, AFE, elite tranny.

Also, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just that thread popped into my head :hammer:

Thank you for your service by the way!

Oh I knew you were! I'm part of a bunch of Chevy forums and it's the same rodeo there I just know that we lose a lot of new people to that kinda stuff but I'm not easily shaken ;)

SgtDeitz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

Here's a good solid question I do not know what gears are in my truck how can I self test?

cbf9703

Reaction score
Ok I have a 08 6.4
On 37s with a bds 9"

Now I know lifting the truck would hurt Mpgs

But my neighbor has a 03 7.3 with 42s and a 12" lift and he can get 22 highway and about 16-17 city

Does not having it dpf deleted really drop my Mpgs that much?

I am new to diesels completely.

I had a 2011 gmc with a 12" total lift on 37s and got about 14 city. ? I hope I can get a good few answers thanks

Kris

I agree that your neighbor may not be telling you the whole story. I have an 03 7.3 on 35s and one on 37s... neither gets 16-17 or 22 hwy, even hand calculated and corrected for tire size.

Latest posts

Members online