Why do we 7.3 guys lock our tc's early and during shifts, and the cummins guys cant?

dirk0

Reaction score
Automatics only apply here. Nv4500s and 5600s are both really solid with a good clutch

I agree somewhat. There was a local dodge with an aftermarket clutch. He was using the emergency brake to help launch off the line.

That HAD to be annoying.

PSD715

Reaction score
To keep from being too grabby or what?
Did he just lean down and release it and shift at the same time? LOL

dirk0

Reaction score
To keep from being too grabby or what?
Did he just lean down and release it and shift at the same time? LOL

Been in a truck with a manual trans and try a boosted launch? Interesting to say the least.

I don't know exactly how he got it down. I think he had a rope tied to the release.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
dodge transmissions once built are some of the best actually, the 4r100 built is comperable tho

PSD715

Reaction score
Yeah, but they were good at holding all three pedals. (which I completely cannot do) I didn't even think about that.

Reaction score
I agree somewhat. There was a local dodge with an aftermarket clutch. He was using the emergency brake to help launch off the line.

That HAD to be annoying.

It's annoying trying to launch a manual truck no matter how you do it. 2.8 second 60' times suck and I'm tired of it... LOL

dirk0

Reaction score
dodge transmissions once built are some of the best actually, the 4r100 built is comperable tho

Depends on the model. There are some "built" NAG1 (wa5series), 45\545\65rfe's with issues after the fact. Rumors of 68rfe post build issues are around.

I think that regardless of make\model, problems will pop up.

dirk0

Reaction score
It's annoying trying to launch a manual truck no matter how you do it. 2.8 second 60' times suck and I'm tired of it... LOL

Let me guess. "Bounce, bounce, bounce, engine lugging down, bounce, oh crap.. have to shift!"

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Delete the bypass setup, put in a good valve body and a larger cooler, and it's not bad if you're under 400rwhp and don't beat the hell out of it.

What do you mean?

My next 7.3 will be an auto and I was thinking of just dropping in a BTS but id like ideas to hold me over until the BTS is installed.

Latest posts

Members online