Why Does a Wicked Wheel......

TARM

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the input, it was just what I wanted to know.

TARM, good detailed answer. Thank you very much.

I have no reason for wanting more whistle, other than I just like it. I do not know why. I guess because to me, it just makes it more fun to drive, and I like the sound when I hear it on other guys trucks too. I don't think I could get it so loud that it would be intrusive. I have always loved to hear it on the big rigs too.

You know what that is whats great about everyone being able to do what they want with their trucks. LOL If you like it you shoudl do it. It does not make 2 sh!ts whether I get it or anyone else for that matter or not. You like it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You know what that is whats great about everyone being able to do what they want with their trucks. LOL If you like it you shoudl do it. It does not make 2 sh!ts whether I get it or anyone else for that matter or not. You like it.

:whs:exactly ... they are our own trucks... we do what we like to them....

7point3

Reaction score

True enough. All I really need to hear about my truck from someone else is, "clean truck". Thats about it. IF that.

I hear enough from momma: Whats this 300 dollars, whats all this ebay stuff, why are you putting that there, you need to get rid of your motorcycle if you are gonna spend all this money on this truck, whats that gauge for. It cost HOW MUCH???.................OH,BTW, leave the keys I need to go to Hobby Lobby today

TyCorr

Reaction score
You should see my short/little wife getting in my truck~!

Running board comes up to her waist...have to move the seat all the way forward and raise it so she can see. On top of that she burns rubber in it too. Usually she will goose it and when it starts to spool and spin she lets out of it.

Kinda funny!

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Both are a waste of money IMO. Plug your red boost line by sticking it on a clamp, and check with your tuner about the boost sensor. Lots of tuners will remove the defuel and cel that you get from 25psi+ so therefore a boos fooler or bleed valve are not needed.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
:whs: Don't even need the line on the wastegate. And any tuner should be able to get rid of engine defueling over 25psi.

The WW made a big difference for me, a few years ago I had bad surge while towing. Threw in a WW and completely eliminated any turbo surge. Also don't bother removing the turbo to install the wheel, total waste of time and effort unless your pedestal's leaking and needs o rings.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

KPSquared

Reaction score
there are a lot of versions of a boost fooler...of which the one you posted is the ugliest. Your tuner should be able to compensate for the defuling. I know DP Tuner solves the problem but does nothing about the SES light. I could buy a boost fooler just to cure the SES light coming on, but that seems like a waste of money...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know DP Tuner solves the problem but does nothing about the SES light. ...

They probably could though!! They just dont so the 'average' customer is given a warning when that state is reached. You'd probably have to agree to some things after a warning was read to you. You know, liability relief measures!

My truck threw the SES for overboost once after swapping in the 38r and putting the new php tunes in. Then it didnt EVER do it again...I can get 30psig and it doesnt throw the light. :shrug:

Austin

Reaction score
On my old truck I had a WW and an open intake.. The whistle was cool, but when the truck was loaded and needed to run 10psi or so on the interstate, it got really annoying after a few hours.

TyCorr

Reaction score
On my old truck I had a WW and an open intake.. The whistle was cool, but when the truck was loaded and needed to run 10psi or so on the interstate, it got really annoying after a few hours.

As bad as 38r?? At about 5psi its SCREAMS!!

Talyn

Reaction score
If you lost boost installing the ATS housing...

Then you did something wrong. The ATS housing does one thing and one thing only, stops surge. It does not allow the turbo to move or air or anything of the sort.

I agree however the ported housing is a better fix then the wheel.

I think the main problem with the OBS wheel downgrade to the GTP38 is that people don't understand what "surge" is.

As CSIPSD has stated here with the ATS housing or the ported housing, it will stop surge.

Why?

Because your not bottle necking your air flow anymore.

The reason the Wicked Wheel, as it is so untruthfully named stops surge is because the wheel is less aggressive than the Stock GTP38 wheel that came after the e99.

As far as I understand anyways, the GTP38 turbo will not surge unless your running tunes anyways, so for a stock truck it works fine.

If your having surge issues.
Fix it properly with the right housing. Don't eat the koolaid and downgrade your wheel.

Latest posts

Members online