Why is my 2015 5" exhaust so raspy sounding?

95cobby

Reaction score
we have moved to open veins at idle , sounds mucho better .

Hey Mike is there any negative effect to leaving the veins open all the time? The hiss seems to partially go away once the motor has warmed up. Also how do we go about getting this update? Cold start in my works parking garage makes it sound like 747 is taking off lol. Will have to get a FTE resonator to quiet it down a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Mike is there any negative effect to leaving the veins open all the time? The hiss seems to partially go away once the motor has warmed up. Also how do we go about getting this update? Cold start in my works parking garage makes it sound like 747 is taking off lol. Will have to get a FTE resonator to quiet it down a tad.

veins have a job to do, so anything after idle position of the pedal, would affect the tuning and that certainly isnt the goal. as for updates, we will start slowly updating whenever possible .

95cobby

Reaction score
Why is my 2015 5&quot; exhaust so raspy sounding?

veins have a job to do, so anything after idle position of the pedal, would affect the tuning and that certainly isnt the goal. as for updates, we will start slowly updating whenever possible .

Yes sorry that's what I meant. Open at idle just to defer the hiss.. Just wondering if there would be any long term effects with having them open on cold starts rather than closed and letting them help warm things up.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yes sorry that's what I meant. Open at idle just to defer the hiss.. Just wondering if there would be any long term effects with having them open on cold starts rather than closed and letting them help warm things up.

I know closing them helps create back pressure a little to help heat up the truck but no one has talked about negative effects? I would think cycling open to close also helps the vanes from getting sooted up so hopefully long idles with them staying open doesn't hurt idk

BK39

Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks, but I kinda like it hissing.

Cpstanley

Reaction score
Not too fond of the hissing. Mine does it at warm up and then occasionally during normal city driving. Put me on the list for the updated tunes!

95cobby

Reaction score
At idle ? Or when you drive?

Not worried about normal driving.. it would be right after cold start and driving out of parking garage or neighborhood.

I just put on a 17" FTE resonator and I think I'll just stick with the tunes I have now because it's not all that bad. Straight pipe would be best if I didn't have to drive in places like that

Jomax

Reaction score
Not worried about normal driving.. it would be right after cold start and driving out of parking garage or neighborhood.

I just put on a 17" FTE resonator and I think I'll just stick with the tunes I have now because it's not all that bad. Straight pipe would be best if I didn't have to drive in places like that

At idle it's gone, give it the throttle and it's back.

Snayke

Reaction score
I would have to guess one negative would be running a veins open tune when you're trying to fire that truck up in a -40 Alberta winter morning would not be too good for everything, no?

JRLott

Reaction score
Truck fires, sounds good, then the hiss comes after about 2 seconds...that's the vanes closing. Mine does it every time. -40, 0, or 100, the truck fire with them open as far as I can tell, then closes them. Truck should warm up better with them closed, which is much more important to you in January, than to me in July.
If I lived in CN, I'd leave it...at least during the winter. Me...I'll be looking to get rid of it. Doesn't get that cold down here.
This is my understanding from reading here. If I'm wrong someone will be along to enlighten us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.