Why?

B585Ford

Reaction score
6.7 Cummins are currently the worst offenders about blowing gaskets.

I have heard the same thing from a Cummings guy....his opininon was it was due to high ebps. I don't follownthem close enough to confirm that.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I would be interested in how much gain there would be on a stock turbo and stock fuel if empire does make them. Based on the results that we have seen on the aftermarket exhaust manifolds I imagine there would be some pretty good results.

I have been hoping for a long time someone would try doing the heads before any other mods ....I have always felt the same way about our stingy heads.

Charles

Reaction score
What does a stock 2v 7.3 head flow for comparison to another V8 of even greater displacement than the others?

01PSD

Reaction score
So whatever happened with the hyped up billet heads Empire made for the 6.4? I saw pictures of it once it was in Aaron's hands.. but after that you never heard anything else.

713Diesel

Reaction score
I have heard the same thing from a Cummings guy....his opininon was it was due to high ebps. I don't follownthem close enough to confirm that.

After I was informed that 6.7 guys are having head issues I started doing a little searching. Based on what I read, and I have NOT read a lot, it has to do with the high EBPS and the timing. I think guys are running either wastegates or BOV to the stock turbo and that is helping a lot. Some of the folks are saying that a couple of tuners have way to much timing but the same has been said for some of the tuners for us. I have also read that a couple of the different tuners allow the 6.7 guys to make modifications as they wish. Some guys were saying "don't set the timing at setting 2 and the blah at 5 and the blah a 1 or you will blow the head gasket for sure". I can see how if a person that really didn't know what they were doing had a verity of changes at their finger tips they could jack something up pretty quick.

713Diesel

Reaction score
GET ON THE BALL EMPIRE!! :popcorn:

Maybe we can get a response from the Empire guys? Or maybe the guys from Rudy's? I think they were supposed to get one of the first sets if my memory serves me correctly.

Latest posts

Members online