Will I get in trouble??

akf250

Reaction score
I know I've read many posts about bringing ur truck into a dealer with aftermarket parts and how they could void ur warranty. My warranties up so I don't really care that I'm all deleted but can they get you in trouble with emissions or EPA or anything? Just taking it in for axle work so they wont even be touching the engine. Wondering if anyone's ever been hassled

powerlifter405

Reaction score
1) Every dealer is different.
2) I only go to my dealer for ford-warranty work if it is actual legit warranty work.
3) My dealer knows about my tuner and gave me a basic run down on things that could or could not be covered.

HG, w/o a doubt will be denied was what I was told. My tech flat out said he has never seen a HG only issue on a 6.4 unless it was tuned. He said if the EGR goes out that is different.

I had TSB work done, and they knew of my trucks mods and advised that they know the TSB is a legit claim, not related to any modifications.

In your case, really, you're out of warranty so it's up to you IMHO. The dealer is over priced and I rarely trust their work. I finally found a good tech but I have a few shops (depending on the nature of work) do work if I can't perform the work myself.

Good luck.

Diesel23

Reaction score
My Dealer was really cool and worked with me , i do know if there was an issue they would let me know so i could do what i needed to ( change something back to stock ), I dont think ,unless youve pizzed off the guy ,they wouldnt be dropping any dimes !! And as stated above find yourself a good mechanic to do the axle work might save you some coin , Good Luck , Where you located ?

Latest posts

Members online