Will these tires hold up?

yesaCSpencer

Reaction score
Not sure if this should go in the tire or tow section, so I'll put it here.

I'm looking to get some wheels and tires pretty soon for my 05 F250 4x4, but I'm not sure what tires I should go with. The Michelin AT2's on the truck now are rated at 3600lbs and I've pulled a few loads with these tires weighing around 27,000 on the scales

I'm wanting 20in wheels with 33in tires. Looking at 33x12.50 Toyo M/T's and 325/50 Micky ATZ's. I've heard that Toyo's are a tough tire but the load rating is only 2600lbs, while the ATZ's are 3085lbs.

My main worry is if the tires I'm looking at can handle these loads without blowing out? I occasionally pull a loaded down cattle trailer so I'm usually never hauling for a long distance with a heavy load. Probably only loaded down for 30-45min. at a time, could be 3-4 loads a day, every 4-6 weeks.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Toyo's, but have heard great things about them. I did run the ATZ's on my last truck, and they did great! I saw a tire the other day, Auttora MT, and the load rating is just over 3100lbs.. They have a similar tread design as the Toyo, maybe more like a STT, but the sidewall is close to a Nitto Trail Grappler, the price is considerable amount lower than the big brands as well. Talked to a few guys, and they're having great luck with them, but they said the road noise is more than the Toyo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.