Won't fire back up

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
My truck is running again but she takes forever to start but once it's running does fine. Shut it off try to start it again does not start at all. Let it sit then she'll fire right up. What's going on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bad12jr

Reaction score
Sounds like a sticking IPR or injector o rings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
One of my friends that works at the local ford dealer gave me a new grey cps to try out also. Downloaded Ae software on my PC now just need to borrow the USB off my friend to run the icp and ipr levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
well as he explained it to me if the ipr was bad i wouldnt be seeing any psi for the hpop its okay cause my friend has a good 15* that i can prolly pick up core for core.. guy that looked at it is our local ford dealership diesel mechanic

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well as he explained it to me if the ipr was bad i wouldnt be seeing any psi for the hpop its okay cause my friend has a good 15* that i can prolly pick up core for core.. guy that looked at it is our local ford dealership diesel mechanic

My ipr **** the bed last week. It made 300 psi cranking ...

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

littleredstroker

Reaction score

If you can get it that cheap go for it... Bit dont.be incredibly surprised if it doesn't fix it

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Blowby

Reaction score
While you have the pump out clean the IPR and install new o-rings.

mandkole

Reaction score
X2 to more troubleshooting... all that you know is that you have 300 psi during crank. The pump is pressurizing a hydraulic circuit--that is made up of at least 16-20 different orings with a regulator and feedback control.

As suggested, focus first on the IPR-- if its known good, confirm that rail pressure is held, then look at the pump last. But, if you want to just change parts and cross your fingers, you have that option also.

Latest posts

Members online