WOP 6.4 wastegate and egr delete

T444E Wraith

Reaction score
I took the truck down to Wide Open and had them install their wastegate and egr delete, I'm glad I did because it turns out both coolers were ruptured and I didn't know it. It makes me wonder how many tuned trucks are driving around with bad coolers. The trucks temps have dropped considerably and the drive pressure went down a bunch too, it feels like the truck gets its second wind when the wastegate opens, not to mention it sounds cool too. I recommend it on any tuned 6.4 .:thumbup:

JDub

Reaction score
I took the truck down to Wide Open and had them install their wastegate and egr delete, I'm glad I did because it turns out both coolers were ruptured and I didn't know it. It makes me wonder how many tuned trucks are driving around with bad coolers. The trucks temps have dropped considerably and the drive pressure went down a bunch too, it feels like the truck gets its second wind when the wastegate opens, not to mention it sounds cool too. I recommend it on any tuned 6.4 .:thumbup:

Glad you're happy with it Zac...your motor should be much happier when you're pushing it hard as well. Thanks!

How much was the kit? I already have the egr delete. Very interested.

The complete kit runs $899, but if you're already running an EGR Delete system, we can set you up with the gate kit without those pieces, save you a little money. Give us a call next week and we'll get you squared away.

T444E Wraith

Reaction score
I got everything together but I'm sure they can take care of ya on getting just the gate. Not to mention it was a cab on install, which cuts the time its down to just a few hours instead of days. Always nice on the daily drivers.

T444E Wraith

Reaction score
Where its mounted it would be hard to get a camera on the gate itself and if its the sound you want, I would have to put it on a dyno as it opens at WOT. I'm hoping to get it on the rollers as soon as I can get on a local dyno to see if it gained any. If I can get something I will post it up.

00Rich

Reaction score
Where its mounted it would be hard to get a camera on the gate itself and if its the sound you want, I would have to put it on a dyno as it opens at WOT. I'm hoping to get it on the rollers as soon as I can get on a local dyno to see if it gained any. If I can get something I will post it up.

or you can have someone hold your legs and just hang out the window LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score

Or in cab is fine too. Thanks bud!

Powerstroke586

Reaction score

5k more miles and mine will be getting the that exact thing done! gotta let the warranty go out first. Glad you got the coolers fixed before something bad happened.

T444E Wraith

Reaction score
5k more miles and mine will be getting the that exact thing done! gotta let the warranty go out first. Glad you got the coolers fixed before something bad happened.

Right on! The kind of miles you drive, it will be getting done pretty soon. I will make sure Jacob has one waiting for ya.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Is there a pic of the wastegate installed?

Not the greatest pics but here is some I took.

537ab469.jpg

d3763817.jpg

Latest posts

Members online