Wrapping up pipes.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So I just got some turbo socks for my turbos and I am thinking about wrapping my up pipes to while I am at it and possibly doing the manifolds to. Whats the best stuff to use to wrap? How hard is it? In therory all it can do is help, lower under hood temps and keep the heat into the pipes and turbo. Any advise would be great.

BFT

Reaction score
They sell heat wrap at almost anywhere now a days.

I saw they had some at oreilys along with clamps (metal zip ties) to keep it neat. Wet it first before you wrap it.

Rene G

Reaction score
I think 3 rolls would be Lots, 2 might even do it. Just make sure you fire the truck up outside after wrapping everything...

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I haven't always heard great things about wrapping. Some say it overheats the material and causes fatigue. They also say it holds moisture and rusts the pipes out faster. But then again some people have had zero issues. Hopefully some people with personal experience chime in.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I wrapped my intermediate pipe where it came close to the hood on my compound setup and I was less than impressed for how it was supposed to help keep the surrounding areas cooler I think it's pretty much a waste just save the money and put it somewhere else..

oneturboforme

Reaction score
My up pipes and manifolds are are wrapped.... I did everthing at once so i can't tell you if it helped in performance , but it does keep the heat off my hpfp since my heat shield is gone.. be ready for your truck to smoke and stink for over a week of solid driving of atleast 30min at a time until that silicon spray cures

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.