Wrench light, oil symbol

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Started the truck to warm up before work and it threw the wrench on the digi display followed by the oil can symbol.
Temps have dropped to 30s here recently so I'm leaving it running for 20 mins or so before I leave. First time it's done it. I'm due an oil change in 1000 miles so it's only done 2000 since the last one. Tried for codes and didn't get any. Cleared the non existent codes anyway and restarted and it went away.

What can I expect it to be? Any experiences?

Truck does 4000 miles a month nearly so need it to be good.
It's done 57,000 08 cclb. No blow by when checking with the cap method, oil is clean, coolant good and clean. Completely stock.
Thanks

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it go out at all? Could be wiring to sender, critters like to eat it there as its near the turbos and nice and warm after you park.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Possibly. I'm doing an oil change this weekend so I guess we shall see. Hoping it's not something like plugged oil cooler. But it's not done it since so I might be good.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
More than likely not oil cooler. They tend to plug on the coolant side. If its an actual oil pressure issue, i would think front cover. Something couldve gone thru tbe pump and gouged it. But start with the simple things. If wiring looks ok, actually check pressure so you dont go chasing a ghost.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Not done it since so I'm hoping I'm good. 15qts came out on the oil change, looked good. Did smell like it was burned pretty badly though, only done 3350miles since last change so I'm sending a sample off so I'll wait and see what they find. What sort of fuel dilution am I looking at on a healthy engine?

Latest posts

Members online