• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

WTB: 6.4 engine

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a 6.4 somewhere remotely close to MA. Relatively low mileage preferred and doesn't have to be 100% complete.

Thanks

91turbogsx

Reaction score
What are most people paying for 6.4 engines? I feel like people think they are made out of gold local to me after searching around.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
unless you want a spare? build the one you have. trust me you will be better off down the road.

people want to much money,and these things have all kinds of hidden damage inside them.
i offer rebuilds by me over ford crate motors,and and salvage engines. unfortunetly you just dont know what your buying,unless you buy and tear it down to inspect.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree.

If you can get a complete turbo to oil pan engine for 2k you might be doing ok,at least you cab sell some parts to help make up for costs but I agree unless you want a spare just build your engine if you can

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I agree.

If you can get a complete turbo to oil pan engine for 2k you might be doing ok,at least you cab sell some parts to help make up for costs but I agree unless you want a spare just build your engine if you can

you would have chit yourself if you seen the 6.4 fomoco engine i had here over the summer.

biggest pos ive seen.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm just looking for something to ease downtime for a customer so I can freshen up and build one and then just swap them and have an extra afterwards.

But I'm not about to spend $5500 on a 130k mile long block like I see in most listings. LOL

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm just looking for something to ease downtime for a customer so I can freshen up and build one and then just swap them and have an extra afterwards.

But I'm not about to spend $5500 on a 130k mile long block like I see in most listings. LOL

you shouldnt. i never would either. nothing against the owner,but he doesnt know what good, or bad in that engine. he's assuming its fine.

on edit, you could buy a enhanced short block for that money. but its still a ford reman:flush:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah that's crazy money for a used engine not really known for being reliable past 100k in stock form.

If its had a Dpf the bearings are probably worn and if bad enough the crank.might be no good. Pistons are another place for.concern. I just wouldn't feel right giving anything over 2k for an engine that didn't have turbos pumps and injectors. Some engines are so trash you would need all the other parts to sell just to save your ass because the crank is no good or the block needs machine work from a cracked or broken piston.

What's a reman short or long block worth ?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Be careful with buying used engines. I got bit with one this summer, I bought for my drag truck. I bought a complete engine turbos to oil pan. Motor turned over fine. But when I got the heads off, one piston had big valve marks in it. Turns out the rod bearing was completely gone on that rod and took the crank out with it. There was also enough metal in the oil pan you could of scooped it out with a shovel. I gave 2k for that motor and trans together so I wasn't to bad off for the money. Just expect to put some money in one if you buy it used.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was hoping to spend around $2k for a complete engine but I honestly can't find any for anywhere even near that price. It's pretty much $5k and up locally from scrapyards etc. After searching around lately I'll probably just end up working with the one out of the truck unless I stumble across one.

I'm not offended to replacing pistons and such. But a good crank/block would be nice. That's why i'm looking for as low mileage as possible. The one in the truck has 160k on it now but it's been deleted for half it's life. Would you guys go as far as replacing the main and rod bearings on that?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was hoping to spend around $2k for a complete engine but I honestly can't find any for anywhere even near that price. It's pretty much $5k and up locally from scrapyards etc. After searching around lately I'll probably just end up working with the one out of the truck unless I stumble across one.

I'm not offended to replacing pistons and such. But a good crank/block would be nice. That's why i'm looking for as low mileage as possible. The one in the truck has 160k on it now but it's been deleted for half it's life. Would you guys go as far as replacing the main and rod bearings on that?

the 160k engine? absolutely. measure the bores, mic the crank,etc, etc

Latest posts

Members online