WW2 on 38R

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Little more pep down low when towing. Less smoke it seemed. Definitely seemed to spool a touch quicker. Went from getting 8.5 mpg towing to about 9.8. My truck is my daily driver and I tow about 8-10k lbs about 3 times a week.
I have since swapped to a BASB.

Appreciate the feed back. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I ran both turbo as well, but on two COMPLETELY different trucks, and mods, I know it's not a fair comparison, but the truck with 175cc, 100% nozzles and BASB in MODDED STOCK tune (modded for nozzles) was still a touch faster at spooling, cooler egts, and felt/drove noticeably better, than the 02 with stock sticks , all out tune, and 38r does. Now, I'm not knocking the 38r either, it's been a major improvement in every category over the stock turbo, and has a proven reputation, but if I could do it over, the 02 would've gotten the BASB as well

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

Countrycar

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on the WW2 on the 38R? I've read some about a bunch of snapped shafts in the turbo, needing to have the assembly balanced or not, etc.

Need to pull the turbo on the wife's truck to fix an oil leak so if it's not going to tear things up, was considering adding the WW2 while it's all apart.

I've got about 500 miles on my 38R turbo with the Diesel Site W2 wheel installed and no issues. I haven't pushed it hard just yet, because I'm on a complete build and still in the break in phase. A few things I have noticed. The turbo is definitely quieter, and seems to pull harder and smother too.
It'll hit 40 psi real quick.. Just some observations so far.

Latest posts

Members online