X plan pricing

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I found out Today I qualify for the x plan pricing thru my job. Before I go thru the process of calling human resources and try to get a code, does anyone know how much of a discount I would get on a new truck? I just want to see if it's even worth my time. A local dealer offered me 28k for my truck but we are still negotiating on the price of a new one. We are so far off on the 15 that I'm about to give up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
X plan is usually a few hundred to a thousand over invoice depending on the vehicle. On Focus' it was 300$ over, on f150's it was a few hundred. Its worth the time depending on if you can get the incentives on top of the plan pricing. I would take 0% financing and beat up the dealer on price over just X plan.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
when i bought my 12 off the lot i got 7k off with my x plan and 3k off with incentives. i think it varies for location too...

live life full throttle

YJSONLY

Reaction score
my recent order 63k msrp..... Around Fl best deal I could get was Xplan about 8k off sticker with incentives. In Texas same order was 10k off

MrMike2010

Reaction score
You guys are giving me some hope. The dealers around here barely want to budge off msrp. I'm Going to get the pin for the x plan tomorrow and go from there. Hopefully I'll be in a 15 soon.

Jomax

Reaction score
I got 10k off sticker without the xplan.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Not all dealers have to participate in the X plan but a sale is a sale to most dealers. I have the same deal through my work. Let us know how it goes, Im hoping the X plan works for the AWD focus RS when it comes out, need some money off that!

Jomax

Reaction score
Fly to Texas and purchase here with no x plan. Save alot of money and break it in on the drive home.......

Don't u still have to pay tax in your state when you go to register?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Fly to Texas and purchase here with no x plan. Save alot of money and break it in on the drive home.......

What he said... ^^

X-plan is a joke. They make you feel all warm and fuzzy... The sales managers are in the background laughing the whole time.

gfulton

Reaction score
Don't u still have to pay tax in your state when you go to register?

Well if you buy new it's all handled by the stealership, used trucks you pay when you register......If you are going to register in a different state I'm not sure on the tax part. Let me do some checking....

On edit: Called my dealer....When you purchase in Texas and finance thru Ford they will tax you at your states rate. In other words you don't have to pay Texas tax and then pay tax again in your state....

Last edited:

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I see Texas has some great deals. Thought about the flying down and driving one home. Maryland has some pretty good deals too. One of the dealers there offered me 28k for my truck and I would be stupid not to take it. If a dealer here doesn't come close I'm buying out of state.

My friend actually turned me on to buying one in maryland. He picked up a sweet king ranch there cheaper then my brother who bought a lariat here. He made the deal over the phone, drove down sat morning and was back home shortly after lunch. The dealer had everything ready to go, nys sales tax, title and registration. I think he just had to get it inspected for the dmv to mail him the plates.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I see Texas has some great deals. Thought about the flying down and driving one home. Maryland has some pretty good deals too. One of the dealers there offered me 28k for my truck and I would be stupid not to take it. If a dealer here doesn't come close I'm buying out of state.

My friend actually turned me on to buying one in maryland. He picked up a sweet king ranch there cheaper then my brother who bought a lariat here. He made the deal over the phone, drove down sat morning and was back home shortly after lunch. The dealer had everything ready to go, nys sales tax, title and registration. I think he just had to get it inspected for the dmv to mail him the plates.

If you think buying here in MD is good, you're crazy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What he said... ^^

X-plan is a joke. They make you feel all warm and fuzzy... The sales managers are in the background laughing the whole time.
it saved me some money so i dont see how its a joke.. dealer incentives where only 5k at the time IF i financed through ford credit.

live life full throttle

ftast350

Reaction score
I've never had the x plan work out to be cheaper than what I could get by chatting up the sales manager or the owner.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I guess we're lucky in Texas. dealers are flush with trucks and want to move them fast. I went in, had them pull the invoice, offered 3% below + incentives and signed the papers, 30 minutes later I was driving a '15 Platinum home.

Latest posts

Members online