Xrace vs. Xstreet mpg

3brorce

Reaction score
Every truck is different. I am running xtremex now but not going to be a good comparison cause my other mileage is from xstreet in the summer

BFT

Reaction score
The RPM's are a major factor. Keep them under 2k and hopefully you should see better results. You'll probably end up doing 65mph

3brorce

Reaction score
XtremeX holds upshifts to higher in the rpm to keep from lagging.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
XtremeX isnt going to get the fuel mileage the other tunes get because of the way it is setup no matter what tranny setting you choose

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The x street does best for me, it drops with race. I get about 15.5 mixed. Got 17.5 last weekend doing 70-75 on gearheads race. 2150rpms, egts were in the mid 500's and 50 or less outside. As cold as 20.

Cajunhunter67

Reaction score
I havent tried Xstreet for milage. Might have to give it a try. Once I got adjusted to the touchy throttle on the Xrace...it take only a light pedal for DD.

3brorce

Reaction score
I think its just my truck that doesnt net good mileage not the tuning lol. I might have to jump in and try a Matt's Race tune for mileage haha atleast that will be my excuse!

Reaction score
I was running Innovatives 3.01 Street tune with firm stock shift and had problems with it locking the converter to early so Eric emailed me an Aggressive Street the has the same shift pattern as the Xtreme X and Im happy with its power and fuel economy. The Lie-o-meter says 19.7mpg and Im averaging 15 mpg mixed driving with the winter fuel mix and the cooler ambient air temps. My truck has 3.73s on 35s so 70mph is 1900 rpm and change, I am thinking that the 35s help out greatly! Do Matts tunes get that better of fuel economy over IDP?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I know its winter blend but I also know my 7.3X when stock got 18-19 doing the same trip now with the lift and 35s gets 16. Plus I hear of crew cab 4x4 getting 18-20(i assume on summer fuel) so they are now only getting 16? Plus I had a blend of bio(always do) and it always does better on mpg then winter fuel.

Has anybody compared the new extreme x tune vs. the xrace or xstreet?
Maybe I should try some 3.31 gears(been wanting to anyway) and see what that does for mpg and speed.

For mileage I don't think its fair to compare. My 7.3 consistantly got 18+, hand calc. as long as I was under 2K and that included in town but it was a 6spd.

I have to baby the 6.4.
The trade off is power and noise.

But on the 6.4, I got the best consistent mileage on the 3.01 version Xt-st. Set the cruise @ 70 and it was fine and dandy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.