your are drunk injectors.. go home

Jeremysmith9902

Reaction score
ok so i did my injectors, reg return, and some other nick nack stuff under the hood.. and when we finished we went to start her up and for some reason the injectors arent timing out... when you trun the key on they go through their cycle and then go into an idle mode or something.. they continue to click but it sounds a little different. any ideas? one guy said he thinks its something loose in the wiring harness because he said he got it running normal for a minute but then it went back to running like crap....so idk what the heck is going on..

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
check the ficm plugs, make sure the injector harness is grounded, check all the injector plugs

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Mdub707

Reaction score
What injectors went in? You said you "did injectors" does this mean you put larger one's in or something?

What's fuel pressure at?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Would it be possible to get an audio clip of the injectors buzzing? Sometimes they do change pitch/speed when they cycle. I've had enough FICM's on my truck at this point that I'm no longer surprised by the different cycle patterns LOL

How healthy are your batteries and is your FICM in good shape?

Jeremysmith9902

Reaction score
ok, so after going through a crap load of wire connectors, data logging, and trying different tunes.. still nothing.. after having the truck flashed and stock file put back in, it runs and idles fine.. but when custom tunes loaded back in it starts acting all crazy again.. we've tried 3 different custom tune writters and still same issue... any ideas other than possible wire chaffing and causing un wanted grounding?

loboost

Reaction score
ok, so after going through a crap load of wire connectors, data logging, and trying different tunes.. still nothing.. after having the truck flashed and stock file put back in, it runs and idles fine.. but when custom tunes loaded back in it starts acting all crazy again.. we've tried 3 different custom tune writters and still same issue... any ideas other than possible wire chaffing and causing un wanted grounding?

Same custom tune as before?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I would think if it was chaffed wires or a bad ground, it would have the same problems with stock tuning too...

Jeremysmith9902

Reaction score
we tried it with the old cutsom tunes as well as three new cutsom tunes from different writters, and thats the strange thing though.. it doesnt act up when the stock file is in it..

dohcter

Reaction score
Edit for being retarded. Seen that you already found the problem.
Had the same issue, double check the 2 wire oil temp sensor. On sct tunes trucks of it doesn't see oil temp sensor the injectors will just cycle out of control, truck will start like this but rev really funny at about 2-2500 rpm. And will be just fine on stock tuning

william_ace

Reaction score
Mine had the same thing happen. Very strange. I even had TSD try to write some tunes around the oil temp sensor and it didn't work.

Latest posts

Members online