Zero boost when cold (under 100 F) on '15

pwrstrkrmy

Reaction score
I'm forking a previous thread (Smokes like crazy til 95 oil temp after ******?) that I think a few of us may have hijacked. I'm hoping the new topic title will attract the correct audience. If this caught your attention, please check the other thread as well. I'll cut/paste my posts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwrstrkrmy

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
my chit does the same thing.

zerrrrro boost until ~100deg EOT...and then not full power/boost until 150deg EOT

got my ass handed to me by a pontiac a couple of weeks ago,

Sorry for your troubles... but glad to hear someone else is experiencing this. My '15 does the exact same thing and I've been racking my brain to figure out what it is. Have you had any luck in figuring it out?

pwrstrkrmy

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg56 View Post
My truck does same thing. When its cold it has very restricted power and will blow a lot of black smoke.. once its warmed up, runs perfect. Which I am fine with. I try not to dog on the truck until its warmed up anyways. Not sure if its supposed to be that way though.

Mine's very similar... no (or very little) turbo until 100 deg F. It seems to start boosting after that and get full capability around 150 deg F. Difference is - It doesn't smoke at all.

pwrstrkrmy

Reaction score
Ambient temps between ~20 F and ~70 F. Doesn't seem to make a difference, except for how long it takes the ECT/EOT to reach ~100 F.

** Here's an interesting data point: while it's 'underboosting' on it's way to 100 F and i push it a little, it'll make to 2-3 psi. If i lift throttle while it's at 2-3, the boost will go UP to 6-7 for a second before it drops back to 0. **

For reference - I'm running:

- GH programming
- EGR bypass
- CCV bypass
- NoLimit stage 1 intake
- 4" Flow-Pro down pipe back

This is new behavior post mods. I did everything at once - so don't know which caused it.

pwrstrkrmy

Reaction score
Please forgive the quality. You can see it not produce boost, then as it begins to, you can see the limited boost increase on throttle lift. I cut the first minute as it was producing no boost whatsoever. After ~100 F it starts to behave regularly. After ~150 F, runs like a champ. It never smokes.

I do not usually drive it like this. This run was only to produce this video. I let it warm to ~100 F every time I drive it. I'm afraid I'm going to break something.

https://vimeo.com/152084200

TexAg56

Reaction score
Same problem
h_D2D0B7C8-F4AF-4BE7-9BA0-478CB893D7EB_zpsmianiq6q.png

20156point7

Reaction score
It is definitely a tuning issue that is exactly how mine acted with the first pip tunes last year. No spool and a god awful amount of smoke

TexAg56

Reaction score
On the other thread 20156point7 said he had the problem then noticed he hadnt unplugged 3 egr plugs and also had problems with his pip tunes. We dont have pip tunes and thats why Im asking if he thinks its tuning or if the 3 plugs helped that problem. No reason to act like a douche

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
On the other thread 20156point7 said he had the problem then noticed he hadnt unplugged 3 egr plugs and also had problems with his pip tunes. We dont have pip tunes and thats why Im asking if he thinks its tuning or if the 3 plugs helped that problem. No reason to act like a douche

The OP of he other thread doesn't run PIP tuning. And if you think this is me acting like a douche just wait a while and I'll really poss you off. Starting this thread with quotes from another was stupid....period.

Latest posts

Members online