Zf6 swap questions

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Since ive got no bites on selling my zf6 stuff figured id swap it in mine. my e40d has issues did the auto to manual swap before piece of cake. my question is for guys that have done the 6 speed. ive read up on the swap on numerous forums and guys are saying that the adapter plate between the trans and engine is specific to the zf6 is this true? seems kinda odd that they would do that.

Reaction score
Ive read a lot too and I never hear of the adapter plate thing. From what I have read everything is the same as a zf5 except you have to use the slave and master cylinder for the zf6 I think.

ClassicIDI

Reaction score
Zf6 uses no adapter plate at all. Trans bolts directly to engine. If memory serves there is just a thin piece of aluminum almost a dust cover between the two. On a e40d or zf5 truck the starter bolts to the adapter plate but on a zf6 truck the starter bolts right to the trans.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I have a ZF6 in my 95. There is a spacer between the engine and trans. It's nearly impossible to find so I made one out of a 2x2' piece of 10ga steel using the e4od adapter as a template.

Latest posts

Members online