Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Premium Vendors > Side Action Diesel

Old 06-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Pusher cam testing COLT VS PUSHER

Well as you all know we have been working on testing cams for a while now and have a lot of money and time wrapped up into this. But i felt like not enough data was collected on the Colt cam.

So moving forward I felt like it was time to do a test to better serve our customers along with other new customers that have been calling and asking about how the cam that we have released is performing. Well here are the results.!!!

Test truck is 2009 f-350 ccsb
Running all of our product line of- 60% injectors
comp Built trans
Dual fuelers
Stage 1 ported heads
2.5 turbo
Hd-Pistons
Colt cam

The runs have been all done on the same dyno and the same test on a mustang 500 AWD .

First test graph here is with the colt stage 2 and the setup above. Here are the results ....

The following results are of the Our Pusher cam that we have been working on. Now this has almost .020 less gross lift then the colt and also has changed timing events to help keep up on flow and help air flowing . Air does not like to start and stop it likes to move and have some direction. In some cases a bigger cam can make this situation worse causing air to not have a flow it has a pulse... pulse doesn't help flow it causes the air to roll and tumble which doesn't help what we are trying to achieve here. Also the valve timing events are crucial to help port flow and gain turbin pulse to drive trubin at higher rpms as holding the valve event open longer is not the key here. This situation only causes the cam to slowly squeeze the air our of the exhaust port. This is not what we want ... After the expansion of gasses there need to be released of the POP to drive turbine other wise the engine is waiting energy to push the rest of the spent air out of the cylinder this In my opinion takes power away as it is a driving force now that you need to push gases out instead of the thermal expansion you get from the fuel being burnt and expanding.

On the intake side of the spectrum there is a intake valve that is opening before the piston is at TDC this causes yet another intake pulse in the manifold with makes the turbo have to fight to push air in instead of flow in as the expansion of the gasses on the turbine end drive the turbine. Either way this is just a theory that i have had for some time but did not feel educated enough about the subject to be posting because we did not have data to adequately back this "theory" up. Well now that I have had some time to get these things into the trucks that we have ran years prior I wanted to share my insight on what we have found with the Pusher cam and the Colt . I want to make it clear I do NOT want to hear any brand bashing or this cam is junk or blah blah blah.. This is for information to educate our customers and hopefully future customers to come. These cams will be on sale for online purchase until the june 17Th sale will be done at midnight on JUNE 17Th For anyone listed here is the link-http://sideactiondiesel.com/SADP-Sta...-cam_p_50.html
Thank you

The current setup in this graph is with the following _

Test truck is 2009 f-350 ccsb
Running all of our product line of- 60% injectors
comp Built trans
Dual fuelers
Stage 1 ported heads
2.5 turbo
Hd-Pistons
Pusher Cam .

www.sideactiondiesel.com

6.4 FBD blocks

6.4 triple turbo kits

6.4 dual fuel kits

6.7 replacement and upgraded turbo's

Along with Allison,Dodge, Ford Converters and full transmission builds

Quality products
" The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
Old 06-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Colt billet stage 2?
I see it says stage 2. Missed that the first time.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Stage 2 correct .
www.sideactiondiesel.com

6.4 FBD blocks

6.4 triple turbo kits

6.4 dual fuel kits

Quality products
" The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
Old 06-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Congrats Sir. I like it
Old 07-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Did you happen to monitor your egt's during both camshaft test? I was wondering if there was any noticeable difference in temps as well in side by side test.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Yes we did. If I remember right wot to wot on bot cams were same egt wise .
www.sideactiondiesel.com

6.4 FBD blocks

6.4 triple turbo kits

6.4 dual fuel kits

Quality products