Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I ohmed out the injector that doesn't have oil coming from it and showed 2.8. Too low?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm just gonna have to send all the sticks to Tim to get checked out.

I ohmed out another, same thing I think.

Last edited:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
If you have a freshly assembled engine that is only running on a stand with some idle time and no way to place a load on it then you have some air in the system.

The main question is did it run fine when you pulled them out? They will not go bad sitting on the shelf waiting for a new engine to be built.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Putting stuff back together. Threw some paint on. This is as good as it's gonna get. Paint won't stick to some places.

IMG_0065_zpsvezap8lv.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsy3zccofn.jpg[/URL

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Had some left over oil so, I primed the lpo and filled the HPO rails.

I'm gonna admit to put engine in with the trans still in the truck. Hope I can lift trans enough to get it matched up then slide on to engine mounts. What say y'all?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Had some left over oil so, I primed the lpo and filled the HPO rails.

I'm gonna admit to put engine in with the trans still in the truck. Hope I can lift trans enough to get it matched up then slide on to engine mounts. What say y'all?
its kinda a pita by yourself.. be better to slide trans back a bit, drop motor in, then slide trans forward..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
its kinda a pita by yourself.. be better to slide trans back a bit, drop motor in, then slide trans forward..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Yea. Sure is. Been there, done that, ain't goin back.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I briefly tried to pull my obs engine, and couldn't get enough clearance between the oil pan and crossmember, and clutch/input shaft/bell housing all together to get the motor out. I think it was hitting the underside of the wiper cowl too, but its been a couple months ago. I attempted it just like an auto, and put a ratchet strap under the trans bellhousing, but no go. I decided i need to get a trans jack and bring the zf5 back a few inches before trying to pull the motor.

97stoker350

Reaction score
I pulled mine 3 times out the top. Have to take the clutch off and pull the trans back while dropping it down with Jack's. I used a car and motorcycle jack because I didn't have a trans jack. Mine is also an obs. Yes it can be done. Yes it sucks ass

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Whew!

Took over 3 hours, ratchet strap, floor jack, and turned into a grease monkey but engine is back in the truck