Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I will. Pretty sure it'll say 1280 ICP high/low. Or the 1211

Gonna pull IPR and swap it. Might be crap in it from putting it together. The high pressure oil is higher than it needs to be.

Don't remember it doing this while on stand.

Last edited:

njjeep

Reaction score
Did you accidentally hook up the wrong connector to the ipr valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The only other one that could, would be the EBP plug and pretty sure that's right.

I took IPR out and inside "plunger" didn't want to come out. Might be the problem, IDK

Strokersace

Reaction score
Single or double ipr? If double, is it wired in series or parallel?

Are all the grounds hooked up on the main harness that runs across the front of the truck? These 7.3s are stupid finicky about any and all grounds, not just the engine.

It's screaming icp. Had one do the exact same thing years and years ago. It was the icp sensor that was bad.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Truck idling in shop.

I put another ICP on, no change. Computer is in default. Showing the 725 psi on scangauge

With all the hacking, splicing I've done on harness, is there a ground that might be the problem? but I swapped harness and no change

I saw the ground for the PCM, but where is the ground for IDM?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got a wiring schematic, everything checks out ok.

Was looking at Riff Raff diesel. There is a break for the ICP sensor year. Need to see what part number is on mine.

I put a scanner on it got P1211.

Now when I give some throttle, will go into default.

May need to drive it to get air out maybe.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got a wiring schematic, everything checks out ok.

Was looking at Riff Raff diesel. There is a break for the ICP sensor year. Need to see what part number is on mine.

I put a scanner on it got P1211.

Now when I give some throttle, will go into default.

May need to drive it to get air out maybe.
dude!!! drive that beotch!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Strokersace

Reaction score
I've personally never witnessed a 7.3 set the check engine light and go into limp mode for that code while first starting up. And I've had a lot of them over the years with a completely dry oil system and such during either a rebuild or injector change etc.

Phone link for inadequate oil pressure. Which either related to the oil pump not keeping up with the demand of the injectors, a bad sensor, or wiring related to the sensor. My guess is it has something to do with the oil system you have on your pick up.

If the hammering test drive does not fix it comma you may try putting your stock oil system back on it and firing it up. If your Duty Cycles and pressure are good and you have no check engine light or limp mode, then you know where to find your issue.

79jasper

Reaction score
Maybe someone else knows for sure, but I believe I saw a post by Clay saying the icp pn difference is the pin material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.