2015 dpf on options

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I did. It made about the same power as the flashpaq did. It didn't drive anywhere near as nice IMO.

Just a heads up for guys asking about transmissions. You should not have any issues or problems with your trans on a high performance file with a stock turbo. These trucks do exceptionally well with thst setup, and really will satisfy the needs of the many without requiring full on emissions delete kits and custom tuning.

Right on, good to know!

Clean-15

Reaction score
I did. It made about the same power as the flashpaq did. It didn't drive anywhere near as nice IMO.

Just a heads up for guys asking about transmissions. You should not have any issues or problems with your trans on a high performance file with a stock turbo. These trucks do exceptionally well with thst setup, and really will satisfy the needs of the many without requiring full on emissions delete kits and custom tuning.

I could have swore I saw a post from you saying that your stock trans was hurting after you installed the superchips. Maybe that was with a 64?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I could have swore I saw a post from you saying that your stock trans was hurting after you installed the superchips. Maybe that was with a 64?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was with the 64 upgrade. It lived a very happy life with the stock turbo

ftast350

Reaction score
Just did some SCT canned tunes and havent noticed a huge difference. It does drive nicer with the performance tunes, it may be doing a transfer relearn. There are no other options other than the engine and trans tuning levels though (no tire size or anything).

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just did some SCT canned tunes and havent noticed a huge difference. It does drive nicer with the performance tunes, it may be doing a transfer relearn. There are no other options other than the engine and trans tuning levels though (no tire size or anything).

I hope you don't mean you have not noticed a huge difference in power?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Mine is smooth like stock but has a ton more low end. Top end was an impressive difference. Even with just the tow tune two of my friends got and and said I can't believe you tuned it already without me saying anything. If we ever get some dry roads around here maybe I can do some side by side "testing" with the wife :swordfight:

ftast350

Reaction score
Ya I switched it up to the street tune and can definately tell the difference with how smooth it is. The performance tune felt like all higher RPM power with close to the same low end hesitation as stock. I might run the street tune for the week and change it up to the tow tune. I am sure the tow tune will make a world of difference as the torque is applied so quickly (bully dogs dyno sheets show this anyways) I guess I was expecting it to be a little more like the old mans 6.4 as you could definately tell the difference.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The power is so smooth it hard to tell how much it has. I did leave out a huge part when I said my current mileage was the same or slightly less then stock with the tow tune. I added 295/65/20 toyo a/t which are wider,taller, and more aggressive. And low on psi. Only 60f/50r. Trying to fight the horid roads. Then added at least 400lbs with my tool box. So to be close to stock is really good at this point.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just as a heads up. Truck will not pass emission testing with the superchips loaded. There were 3 or 4 things showing "not ready" on the readiness check. Not sure why, its bone stock with just the tune.

The Butcher

Reaction score
Interesting on the emissions failure. Wonder what is causing that. How is your fuel mileage? Mine was improved for the first week or so, but it has since gotten worse before I tuned it with a SuperChips. I'm thinking it might be clogging my DPF, or it's causing more frequent regens.

miscott

Reaction score
Just as a heads up. Truck will not pass emission testing with the superchips loaded. There were 3 or 4 things showing "not ready" on the readiness check. Not sure why, its bone stock with just the tune.

Can you elaborate on the not passing emission testing. What state are you in? I live in California.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the not passing emission testing. What state are you in? I live in California.

I'm in MA. Similar to cali for inspection. I have to find the sheet for why it fail. It was nothing exhaust related. It was other things I don't remember off the top of my head. As far as mileage goes I have added weight to the truck, went to larger tires, and i'm only running 50psi in the tires right now. So there is no way to really compare mpg. Still get the same regens. About 1 per tank. Driving the truck this week without the tune so I can get it re inspected thurday. I see how mileage compares. Worst part is the sticker was good till 1-30-2016. I just had it done at the same time as all our other trucks last week. I have a mobile inspection company that does all my business trucks in one day. Saves me the headache in years to come

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just recently added s&b intake,mbrp dual rear exit filter back exhaust & superchip flashpaq due to the lift & toyo open country M /T's in 35x12.5r20's i'm about to be running,the truck runs much more smoothly on the performance tune & trans really doesn't feel harsh @ all.I will upgrade later but for $600 intake /tune i'm happy plus it'll adjust the speedo to compensate for the tires so it's a wrap for now.
It's not the neck snapper i would prefer but it's no slouch either over all happy.

louisianashooter

Reaction score

So I plan on deleting down the road...But can't decide on buying the superchpis now and selling it or getting the SCT now and custom tunes later. Any update on these two?

Jassman

Reaction score
So I plan on deleting down the road...But can't decide on buying the superchpis now and selling it or getting the SCT now and custom tunes later. Any update on these two?

Id get the ID SCT now, delete later. You might be surprised how well dpf on works with ID custom tunes. The only thing I hate is when the REGAN comes on, mileage drops..and I know at some point have to add fluid. A Big PITA!!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
After being back to stock for the last week. As much as I hate to say it the mileage has gone up at least 1-2 mpg best I can tell (including a regen). I was thinking the mileage was down some from adding weight to the truck and bigger tires but its doing the same 14.7 with mixed driving that it did stock. First few tanks with the superchips seemed promising but im not sure now. I have put 400 miles on the truck and it still won't set readiness. Currently O2s and HTR are showing not complete. Starting to think there is something actually wrong with the truck.

JGlock30

Reaction score
After being back to stock for the last week. As much as I hate to say it the mileage has gone up at least 1-2 mpg best I can tell (including a regen). I was thinking the mileage was down some from adding weight to the truck and bigger tires but its doing the same 14.7 with mixed driving that it did stock. First few tanks with the superchips seemed promising but im not sure now. I have put 400 miles on the truck and it still won't set readiness. Currently O2s and HTR are showing not complete. Starting to think there is something actually wrong with the truck.

Any update here? I have been watching this thread for a while now and am wanting to throw the superchip on my '15, but really dont want any trouble. I am new to Fords after having switched from tuned duramaxs. I dont want to do the whole delete on this truck as i love the way the truck rides (with Carli Commuter suspension), but want a little more low end power with less lag. Would you still recommend the Superchips at this point? Thanks in advance for your opinion!

theplumber

Reaction score
I have Livewire TS+ whit innovative diesel custom tune and its very great tune . Power is there and trans shift ia good

Envoyé de mon iPhone