2015 dpf on options

Jassman

Reaction score
I sent Eric at ID a few videos this weekend of me driving in the city, stop and go and then freeway speeds at 70mph with cruise and the air on, in 90 degree temps. I averaged 16.2 in a 140-150 run with 1 regan. I was up to 16.7 and then the regan came on in the first 30 miles and I dropped to 14.0. Im using the xtreme street tune, shifts flawlessly and has all the power 90% of us would want. Mind you..this is on a 15 CC..LWB..with a 6" lift, and 37" tires..It doesnt get much better.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I sent Eric at ID a few videos this weekend of me driving in the city, stop and go and then freeway speeds at 70mph with cruise and the air on, in 90 degree temps. I averaged 16.2 in a 140-150 run with 1 regan. I was up to 16.7 and then the regan came on in the first 30 miles and I dropped to 14.0. Im using the xtreme street tune, shifts flawlessly and has all the power 90% of us would want. Mind you..this is on a 15 CC..LWB..with a 6" lift, and 37" tires..It doesnt get much better.

What gears do you have? Is this hand calculated or off of the display?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Jassman

Reaction score
What gears do you have? Is this hand calculated or off of the display?

3.55 and off the display..not hand calculated. I have hand calculated and it's within 2 tenths. I also have installed a Hypertech Speedo Calibrator cause at 70 I was doing 75..its correct with the GPS on my phone.

Most of this has to do with how we all drive. I'm usually heavy on the foot, and when driving this way I see low 14's. I have been conscious that when I see a red light way ahead I get off the throttle, same thing on a off ramp. I accelerate evenly and have been using cruise. My truck only has 3000 miles so I know it will get better. Don't know if this helps..but sure sounds better.. I have a Absolute Performance 5" cold air intake and some cool duals from MBRP.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have 3:31 gears with 35x12.5r20's on a superchip tune with s&b intake & mbrp dual 4" filter back on my rclb & i'm only seeing 15.5mpgs mixed driving,more hwy then city probably 80/20 mix.I also have a 3.5" lift as well as a tonneau cover.
The truck runs strong for what it is,still a turd but a decent turd.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Any update here? I have been watching this thread for a while now and am wanting to throw the superchip on my '15, but really dont want any trouble. I am new to Fords after having switched from tuned duramaxs. I dont want to do the whole delete on this truck as i love the way the truck rides (with Carli Commuter suspension), but want a little more low end power with less lag. Would you still recommend the Superchips at this point? Thanks in advance for your opinion!

I would still recommend it if your want to run the high performance tune. Its impressive for a dpf on tune. Don't think its worth it for just the tow tune. Since I can't tow my trailer on the performance tune, I am stuck stock or tow tune. I am taking it off and giving it to my father for now.

I really need something shift on the fly with a monitor. No interest in deletes at this time. Waiting to see what else comes to the market soon.

Clean-15

Reaction score
3.55 and off the display..not hand calculated. I have hand calculated and it's within 2 tenths. I also have installed a Hypertech Speedo Calibrator cause at 70 I was doing 75..its correct with the GPS on my phone.

Most of this has to do with how we all drive. I'm usually heavy on the foot, and when driving this way I see low 14's. I have been conscious that when I see a red light way ahead I get off the throttle, same thing on a off ramp. I accelerate evenly and have been using cruise. My truck only has 3000 miles so I know it will get better. Don't know if this helps..but sure sounds better.. I have a Absolute Performance 5" cold air intake and some cool duals from MBRP.

Way cool. Yeah I forgot you mentioned that hypertech device I was gonna say your numbers might be better than you think but with that they sound pretty accurate. I must drive more aggressively, and I do live near Seattle where we have hills because I'm 3.55's with 37's and stock and factoring in the incorrect speedo, I get about 13-14. Glad to see with tunes that I could probably at least keep that going.

JGlock30

Reaction score
I would still recommend it if your want to run the high performance tune. Its impressive for a dpf on tune. Don't think its worth it for just the tow tune. Since I can't tow my trailer on the performance tune, I am stuck stock or tow tune. I am taking it off and giving it to my father for now.

I really need something shift on the fly with a monitor. No interest in deletes at this time. Waiting to see what else comes to the market soon.

Thanks for your reply. I will hold off myself since I tow often.

The Butcher

Reaction score

I'm jealous. I'm getting about 12.5MPG per the lie-o-meter (mixed freeway and stop and go surface street traffic), which I would guess equals 13-13.5MPG since I'm running 38's. At 30 MPH my speedo is dead on, but I think at 65-70 I'm off by 5-7%. Mind you, this is with deletes and Innovative Extreme Street tune. Maybe it's my 4.30 gears that are making me get worse mileage than you, but man does this truck scoot.

I put the Superchips on first before I deleted. Ran it for a couple thousand miles. I actually was VERY impressed with their DPF on performance like Ipkyss said. Tow tune was pretty marginal, but their performance tune makes a very noticeable difference, and the truck is still just as quiet as stock. The thin would fly, but you wouldn't have any engine noise augmenting the experience. It was actually kind of fun because of how stealthy it was. Their shifting sucks though if you choose the straight stock file. Ipkyss mentioned you can turn of torque management and that would help their slow/de-fueled shifts. My mileage went up at first on their tune, but after a couple of tanks the regens started increasing and it killed the gains I had made. In fact, I think it got worse mileage because of the increased regens.

ftast350

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed with the Livewire TS that it no longer tells you when your doing a regen? And mine does nothing but regen it seems like.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just as an update. I am still stock. Truck finally passed emissions. Took 1500 miles to set all readiness codes. I still stick to the same thought. If you want the performance tune the superchips is well worth it. My truck does much better mpg stock then tuned with the equivalent driving. I did 175 mile trip last night and averaged 17mpg. Best yet. Filled up before I got on the highway and filed up when I got back just to check the mpg. I am leaving it stock till I decide to delete th truck which I currently have no plans for. It's not like the 6.0/6.4 that got everyone delete happy. This truck is really impressive stock. I don't find myself with my foot to the floor wishing it was going faster like I did with my 6.4. The 6.4 the warranty risk was worth the gains and huge mileage increase. Just my opinion. If I didn't have to tow a stupidly heavy trailer my thought would be different I am sure.

Latest posts

Members online