2015 dpf on options

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Awesome sounds like its gonna be a lot more fun to drive,thx with the review as I've been Mulling over my options and heard this one can be a little rough on the trans.
I didn't know there were 3 levels for the trans.
Which intake did you go with just wondering as I'm contemplating the afe myself mainly because I like to go mudding from time to time and the engine compartment gets filthy and have had mud sucked up into my intakes in the past plus my ocd with intake temps but that's just me. Glad your happy

Jassman

Reaction score
So I got the superchips in today.

Loading it onto the truck was interesting. Does some strange things while tuning. turns power on and off to everything in the cab. Toward the end of the tune it turned the head lights on, then the heat, then radio. Had a big wtf moment for a minute.

Aside from that. Loaded the performance tune. There is a torque management on/off option which I really liked. Theres three options for trans shifting 1,2,3. Not sure the difference but I went with (1). It shifts like stock just quicker, no delay. Not hard or hunting for gears. Power was extremely smooth. Throttle feel was nice and smooth. Much more responsive, like a lot... While I only got on it a few times, power was much more then I was expecting. It maybe the 480whp that I hear, But I am guessing the torque is higher then a comparable hp 6.4. It feels very comparable to my 6.4 on the spartan 210. Only much more smooth and quiet. Its cold out (5 degrees maybe) But there is no traction at all. Don't bother even getting on the throttle till 3rd gear. Can't comment on fuel mileage till I get some normal driving in. So far extremely happy.

thanks for the info. Explaining the SuperChips, especially the trans shifting. Im working with Steve from Absolute possibly on the SC and getting his intake and a edge CTS for gauges...the way Im leaning is with Eric for a custom sct x4 dpf on. I believe if your looking for a great all around tuner and not looking for that next level, SC is a great way to go. Ordering the stuff today, truck came in Monday.

Stroghty

Reaction score
I ordered a sct x4 from innovation yesterday with s&b intake. Can't wait to see what changes it will make..

Jassman

Reaction score
I ended up going with Eric at Innovative with a Livewire and some custom tuning. I've dealt with Eric on numerous trucks and he has built me some really good files over the years. My 5" intake I went with Steve from Absolute, he was another great guy to deal with, always answered all my questions and I'll be ordering a few other parts shortly.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I can't find any info on the different trans levels (1,2,3). Anyone have an idea what the difference is? After driving for a while today I would like to see the shifts firmed up a little more, Just not sure what the changes will be.

Jassman

Reaction score
I can't find any info on the different trans levels (1,2,3). Anyone have an idea what the difference is? After driving for a while today I would like to see the shifts firmed up a little more, Just not sure what the changes will be.

Not understanding your Q...have you tried in all 3 different levels, or asking before you switch levels yourself.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
asking before I switch. Its not the fasting thing to do. The only thing I can find in advertising is (shift firmness- stock,mild,wild). So I can only guess I am on stock currently. 2 mild and 3 wild. Reading all the trans issues I may just drop down to the economy or tow tune on mild. I do not want to deal with any issues.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea @ least with the trans,I would think performance with mild shifts should be OK unless towing then it may be wise to put in the towing tune.I wish you the best as I'm looking to go this way too.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Tried the performance with mild shifting. Really nice. Shifting was just like stock but a little more firm. Went out with th wife last night and she was not able to tell a change in the truck... Just saying for the guys that makes a big difference to. Got to try out the towing tune on mild and hoepefully leave it there. That's where it will be all summer anyways. I'll play more when the 2015 trans is figured out a little better.

Jassman

Reaction score
That's good to know. Have you went to larger tires and if so do they recognize a tire size up to 37's. Thanks

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Actually is does. It comes with a motor and transmission warranty. That will pay up to $5000 towards motor damage and $3000 I believe trans damage only if the damage is cause by the tuner and the truck is not abused and you don't tow over the trucks gvw. Good luck proving that one...

Mpoage

Reaction score
Actually is does. It comes with a motor and transmission warranty. That will pay up to $5000 towards motor damage and $3000 I believe trans damage only if the damage is cause by the tuner and the truck is not abused and you don't tow over the trucks gvw. Good luck proving that one...

That is surprising. I still wouldn't put much faith in them fixing a truck.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Dropped down the the heavy tow with mild tuning. I think it's a 50whp tune? Noticably more power then stock. Much more low end. I really like the shifting. It's just an all around better driving truck. It's not the power that makes the difference. It's everything put together. Going to leave it here for the long term I think.

Now I did not run either tune long enough to get real data. But stock it was consistent at 14.6 mpg. Performance tune I could not get over 14.2 trying. The tow tune is at 15.8 normal driving. I'll see at the end of this tank if it's reading true or not.

Now to figure out what to do for a monitor. My dashdaq won't even monitor Coolant temp. Going to see if an update will help.

Clean-15

Reaction score
How's it going now? Mileage and trans still good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Still on the towing tune. Truck drives like stock, only better. I really like not dealing with the torque management anymore. The shifting is nice and clean. Like stock but quicker shift I guess. Really impressed towing. Pulled my track machine around for a little while. Around 14k lbs. Extremely impressed with the truck in general. The truck is nice driving around empty but it really shines with a load on it. Mileage is the same as stock maybe slightly less. right around 14 the last few tanks. Pretty much all city/back road driving.

All in all I am very happy with the choice. It really makes the truck drive just right. For the price the Superchips is hard to beat. Its hard to believe I am this impressed with a tow tuned 6.7 after driving a race tuned modded 6.4 for so long. The 6.4 is quicker but the 6.7 is just a nicer driving truck all around. Pending I don't have any emission related issues I really have no reason to delete the truck. The 6.4 was very different, It was a turd stock. I am not sure why people are so quick to delete the 6.7 when you can get basically the same power out of a dpf on tune. The truck really moves on the performance tune.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
How about SCT's DPF on tuning for the 2015 platform? Has anyone tried that? Seems like a cost effective way to do it if you plan to delete down the road.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
How about SCT's DPF on tuning for the 2015 platform? Has anyone tried that? Seems like a cost effective way to do it if you plan to delete down the road.

I did. It made about the same power as the flashpaq did. It didn't drive anywhere near as nice IMO.

Just a heads up for guys asking about transmissions. You should not have any issues or problems with your trans on a high performance file with a stock turbo. These trucks do exceptionally well with thst setup, and really will satisfy the needs of the many without requiring full on emissions delete kits and custom tuning.

Latest posts

Members online