2015 dpf on options

Asleepz

Reaction score
Did anyone keep track of regens with the custom DPF on tuning?

I'd think under normal driving circumstances they'd be similar to factory tuning as far as frequency.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Thats almost what I was thinking. I feel like there would be a lot to be gained just from a trans tune. The motor seems to defuel huge on every shift.

I stopped and talked to a few techs I know to see if there have been any tuner related warranty issues. They said the only ones were severe abuse and they still had the tuners on them(dpf off race tune). It seems like the tech would need a reason to dig for evidence that there was a tuner on the truck. Has anyone seen first hand issues with warranty from a dpf on tuner?

My current thought is a dpf on tuner from Eric.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Addressed to both you queers is there any custom tuning for DPF on available. Honestly the motor isnt the issue i want the tranny to be tuned a little better.

Yup. I can send you some. Most of it has been ironed out with my pile. Trans tuning is spot on for my liking.

Did anyone keep track of regens with the custom DPF on tuning?

I'd think under normal driving circumstances they'd be similar to factory tuning as far as frequency.

Regens were a *hair* more frequent and mileage decreased with custom tuning, in comparison to the Superchip. But with that came a extra 43rwhp. How bad was mileage? no worse than stock. And to be perfectly honest I doubt you would notice regen frequency differences between stock and custom tuning unless you had a monitor to show it and it was something you watched steadily.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
So basically right now the options for a 2015 are

SCT X4 with innovative tunes
Superchips which seems to have the best mileage from what I read
Torq 2.2

The torq 2.2 being the only adjustable on the fly one.

Clean-15

Reaction score
So basically right now the options for a 2015 are

SCT X4 with innovative tunes

Superchips which seems to have the best mileage from what I read

Torq 2.2

The torq 2.2 being the only adjustable on the fly one.

Not much out there on the Torq thing. Anyone have one on a 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I bought a superchips. Hopefully it will tide me over till I give up the fight and delete the damn thing...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It will. Let me know if you're interested in a intake to go with that. I saw a 103rwhp gain with the two combine, as well a decent gain in fuel mileage.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Is there much increase in noise with the intake you are talking about?

I wouldn't say it's noise but it's did sound damn good to me. Wasn't loud enough that it drowned out the radio or anything like that

What was the actual power with the superchips and intake?

103rwhp with my intake kit and superchip tuner. Picked up 2mpg on the freeway as well.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I started out with box tunes DPF on and didn't see a difference. Ran pretty good.

Keith

ftast350

Reaction score
When is SCT going to come out with some tunes? Only asking cuz I have a Livewire TS sitting here that could probably use an update.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You can get tunes for SCT's devices already. I'm sure Steve or Mike could tell you if what you have will work.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
I am debating between the superchips and the innovative dpf on tunes. Eric stated that dpf on tunes gain around 120 rwhp and it looks like the superchips does 100. Anyone have real world feed back on the superchips? it looks like the superchips can adjust my speedo as well. Does superchips tune the transmission?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Will a 6.4 dashdaq monitor a 2015? I would just go try it but the cable is tucked nicely into the dash. I assume it will work for some stuff, mainly wondering about dpf related stuff. What about egt?

brock1129

Reaction score
I am debating between the superchips and the innovative dpf on tunes. Eric stated that dpf on tunes gain around 120 rwhp and it looks like the superchips does 100. Anyone have real world feed back on the superchips? it looks like the superchips can adjust my speedo as well. Does superchips tune the transmission?

i cant say much about those above tunes but i installed the sct can tunes on my 15 and it really made a nice difference. specially bc i just installed 35's and 6" lift...really woke the truck up too.. throttle response is a ton better. it will be a nice bandage till i delete the truck..

Ipkyss

Reaction score
So I got the superchips in today.

Loading it onto the truck was interesting. Does some strange things while tuning. turns power on and off to everything in the cab. Toward the end of the tune it turned the head lights on, then the heat, then radio. Had a big wtf moment for a minute.

Aside from that. Loaded the performance tune. There is a torque management on/off option which I really liked. Theres three options for trans shifting 1,2,3. Not sure the difference but I went with (1). It shifts like stock just quicker, no delay. Not hard or hunting for gears. Power was extremely smooth. Throttle feel was nice and smooth. Much more responsive, like a lot... While I only got on it a few times, power was much more then I was expecting. It maybe the 480whp that I hear, But I am guessing the torque is higher then a comparable hp 6.4. It feels very comparable to my 6.4 on the spartan 210. Only much more smooth and quiet. Its cold out (5 degrees maybe) But there is no traction at all. Don't bother even getting on the throttle till 3rd gear. Can't comment on fuel mileage till I get some normal driving in. So far extremely happy.