Intake or exhaust manifold?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Intake manifold is where you are gonna see your biggest gains. Let me know if you are wanting one. I can see our Apex manifold being a benefit to your setup :D

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I've got several PM's I'll be returning this evening fellas. I've been sick the passed couple weeks so I haven't been able to get back with everybody. My apologies.

patrickke

Reaction score
The question is what are your plans for the truck? If your wanting an intake manifold my recommendation would be the soot powered intake and the no remorse headers and these two would be a very good combo for spoolup and a good drop for egts.

pm me for more info

Patrick@KEM

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
Mine serves double duty. Tow's my 16k# 5th wheel and like to have a fun play truck in the dirt when empty. Like to have extra power and low EGT's, especially in higher elevations. With a hot tune the EGT's can easily get up past 1250* in higher elevations. When towing I have to drive with my EGT gauge.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
The question is what are your plans for the truck? If your wanting an intake manifold my recommendation would be the soot powered intake and the no remorse headers and these two would be a very good combo for spoolup and a good drop for egts.

pm me for more info

Patrick@KEM

I left you guys at kem a vm last week and nothing? Who's got the oem looking manifold? And any flow chart readings yet?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Intake manifold would do the most in your case unless your stepping up to a bigger turbon than i would suggest both

strokin6L

Reaction score
How hard is it to install exhaust manifolds with cab on? Is it a big PITA or not to bad? Is it better to pull the inner wheel wells out to gain more room/access in removal and install? Really considering some manifolds and up-pipes next for the truck.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
not to bad with cab on pulling fender makes it easy we have a couple guys that having done it let me know when your ready

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
What setup are you thinking? (Turbo, injectors, etc)

I plan on leaving my stock turbo and injectors for the time being. Would like to go to 155cc injectors and stll undecided on a turbo. Some say the pmax isn't a good turbo for towing and still waiting on more testing of these MTW turbos.

patrickke

Reaction score
Fyi outside of the soot powered looks stock... Also it is the only one with flow numbers

if you need to get in touch with someone at KEM give me a call

Patrick@KEM
(859)-433-8284

DBQLSC

Reaction score
While I am not a sponsor yet, so I can't sell you my headers; Matt at soot powered really does know his stuff. I have a background in porting and his work is right in line with what I would do. (I just don't enjoy porting other peoples things, so I don't do it.) Not knocking other peoples manifolds. I don't believe in tearing other people down; until they tear into me. :thumbup:

Members online

No members online now.