Intake or exhaust manifold?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
i'd personally do the modded intake manifold before exhaust manifolds, 4 yrs ago i used to burn up the back cylinders, since i put my modded intake on the burn pattern in all the cylinders are the same now, and what i mean by burn pattern is the fuel spray flower looking thing on top of the pistons, stock manifold was dropping 6-8 psi from the front of the manifold to the back of it when i did my testing, hope this helps, after that steed speed manifolds are a close second

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ya I hear ya, I'd like to know with a egr model how much would these different manifolds actually flow.

I can't say exactly how much difference there is but I can assure you there is a difference. The EGR system is a Gawd awful mess of pockets and passageways that can't help airflow. We are currently trying to figure out a way to bypass the system but offer up visual compliance. I will hopefully have an answer by Monday. In the mean time, Elites manifold is going to be your only choice for something ported that retains the factory emissions system.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i'd personally do the modded intake manifold before exhaust manifolds, 4 yrs ago i used to burn up the back cylinders, since i put my modded intake on the burn pattern in all the cylinders are the same now, and what i mean by burn pattern is the fuel spray flower looking thing on top of the pistons, stock manifold was dropping 6-8 psi from the front of the manifold to the back of it when i did my testing, hope this helps, after that steed speed manifolds are a close second

Thanks for the info shawn....this was very helpful. As i was thinkin about doing exhaust manifolds next year...now i will more than likely do the intake manifold first. Wish i didn't have the stupid toilet seat style manifold that the '03-early '04s have.

strokin6L

Reaction score
definitly keeping you in mind with that Steve. As i have a spare '03 engine that i can yank the manifold off of and send it to ya so i have no down time on my truck other than the time it'll take to pull the stock one off and install the ported one.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Now if Steed Speed could make an intake manifold like his exhaust manifolds...wouldn't that just kick sum a$$...

Extended Power

Reaction score
I would have liked to score a set of Steed Speed manifolds for when I swap out my secondary turbo, and go with different up pipes.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks for the info shawn....this was very helpful. As i was thinkin about doing exhaust manifolds next year...now i will more than likely do the intake manifold first. Wish i didn't have the stupid toilet seat style manifold that the '03-early '04s have.

Cut the cross over out,cap the holes and weld them up.

strokin6L

Reaction score
cool. would love to see some pics of the install process when you put them on. Do you plan on installing the exhaust manifolds without removing the cab?

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Will do bud. Ya I'm gonna pull the fender liner out on the passenger side and remove the dp and everything on top of the motor. I think there is enough room if not then I'll lift the cab with my 4ft jack stands. I got all the gaskets n welder is ready to weld up my egr cooler so hopefully soon I'll be digging into this whore of a truck lol

ODAWG714

Reaction score
If the exhaust manifolds come first then ya I'll call in sick to work and install them instantly lol and yes wheel liner/fender wells out. I just re torqued my factory ones it seems like the driver side has more than enough room but the passenger side is jam packed

1fastTRX

Reaction score
Damn even call off of work to get it done? Hell yea! I'll have to swing by between calls to see how it's going being i pass through OC all day long. If it's the weekend then I'll swing by and pass you tools! I want to see what the intake manifold looks like when you get it. You hoping mainly for power increases or mpg? what kind of mpg are you getting right now?

Latest posts

Members online