Intake or exhaust manifold?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Fyi outside of the soot powered looks stock... Also it is the only one with flow numbers

if you need to get in touch with someone at KEM give me a call

Patrick@KEM
(859)-433-8284

If the Apex not having flow numbers is all you've got to go off then I think you'll need to keep hunting. It works and works quite well over stock, and it's the only of its kind to utilize the factory top plate and ORB fittings to ensure there are no leaks :D

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If the Apex not having flow numbers is all you've got to go off then I think you'll need to keep hunting. It works and works quite well over stock, and it's the only of its kind to utilize the factory top plate and ORB fittings to ensure there are no leaks :D

I've been very interested in this intake, but it seems like there's no info out there on it, i.e. flow numbers, reviews. I'd be ready to buy one if I could get some more info, like increases in HP and torque, flow numbers, a review from someone running one for a bit, anything really. The idea seems cool, just wanna see what guys think and what it does.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im all for flow bench numbers, but honestly, you can have a ported intake to the gills, shape the interior etc. but it will only flow so much air. Why? The heads are now the restriction and not the intake like previously the case.

We all know that anything ported will be a substantial gain over the stocker.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I've been very interested in this intake, but it seems like there's no info out there on it, i.e. flow numbers, reviews. I'd be ready to buy one if I could get some more info, like increases in HP and torque, flow numbers, a review from someone running one for a bit, anything really. The idea seems cool, just wanna see what guys think and what it does.

I dont blame you for that, honestly. Every Apex out there somehow is involved in a big build of some kind and getting data back just isn't happening as quickly as I had hoped. Garrett should be the first to run his but Danny will be the one with the most solid data to hand out as he won't be changing anything but the manifold, and he will have before and after dyno numbers as well as data on EGT's, IAT, etc.,

Matt

Reaction score
No offense to Steve, but has the intake even been tested on a truck yet? What proof is there it works "well" if it hasn't and there is no flow numbers. Same goes for the soot powered, has that even been run on a truck yet? I'm sure both do a good job, but what proof is there so far? Did I miss it? I'm not trying to start anything, just curious. If I was going to buy a manifold today, I would go with Steve's simply because he is a vendor and an active, contributing member of the site.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
My project is close to being done. I wish I could provide feedback. I removed a Gogo stage 1 in favor of the Apex. Both will work, but I simply prefer the one piece design of the Apex....

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Only input I can tell you on a ported manifold is I yielded an almost 200 degree drop in EGTs when we installed the ported manifold in my otherwise stock truck.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I dont blame you for that, honestly. Every Apex out there somehow is involved in a big build of some kind and getting data back just isn't happening as quickly as I had hoped. Garrett should be the first to run his but Danny will be the one with the most solid data to hand out as he won't be changing anything but the manifold, and he will have before and after dyno numbers as well as data on EGT's, IAT, etc.,

Should be nothing short of interesting to see how it performs and what folks really think. It just seemed so hyped, then........ Nobody said sh*t. I think one of these would benefit me, but after supposedly there were several going out and no one said anything, I kinda figured they didn't work out at all and no one wanted to post up about it. At least now we know that the "test fleet" just isn't running, but should be soon maybe.

Im all for flow bench numbers, but honestly, you can have a ported intake to the gills, shape the interior etc. but it will only flow so much air. Why? The heads are now the restriction and not the intake like previously the case.

We all know that anything ported will be a substantial gain over the stocker.

All I'm asking for is any feedback at all. I understand that there will always be something else to restrict making more power, but removing all the possible restrictions will make an impact as you stated.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Only input I can tell you on a ported manifold is I yielded an almost 200 degree drop in EGTs when we installed the ported manifold in my otherwise stock truck.

And that my friend is what I am looking for. You get your truck running, confirm this intake does what it is supposed to and there will be a line to order them. Everybody I know that is trying to make more power is battling EGT issues, even on stock injectors. I myself have a shiny new AIS water/meth kit and tank sitting on my fourwheeler waiting for a free afternoon to install (preferably not hot as balls outside). I refuse to add more fuel until I have all the bases covered, including intake.

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
That is with the GoGo. No one has an APEX on a running truck apparently.

That's with the Gogo.

That's impressive. I would be happy with that while towing. Someone on another forum said he had about a 200* drop when he installed a GoGo and intercooler. I have the intercooler but have an AFE being delivered tomorrow and then hopefully a modded intake manifold next to help with EGT's before I upgrade turbo/injectors.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
If any of the vendors with these oem looking intake manifolds have any data for us the consumers we would greatly appreciate some proof on flow at least so we can make a positive decision on the purchase. I'm ready to buy, i just would like to get the proper feedback from all parties that way I or anyone else doesn't make a wrong choice.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
If any of the vendors with these oem looking intake manifolds have any data for us the consumers we would greatly appreciate some proof on flow at least so we can make a positive decision on the purchase. I'm ready to buy, i just would like to get the proper feedback from all parties that way I or anyone else doesn't make a wrong choice.

Only one manifold that retains the EGR system like you want. Flow numbers or data on the rest of the market isn't going to pertain to what you are looking for.

colo_dually

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an emissions compliant manifold myself.

Retaining the EGR system is going to hamper the performance aspect, due to most of these aftermarket units shave that whole section out to improve flow. With that being said, each build is different, and I doubt a single truck will test both manifolds to confirm any numbers.

I think most of these shops assume EGR deletion with the bigger builds, so little is done R&D wise with a model that is compliant.

Last edited:

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an emissions compliant manifold myself.

Retaining the EGR system is going to hamper the performance aspect, due to most of these aftermarket units shave that whole section out to improve flow. With that being said, each build is different, and I doubt a single truck will test both manifolds to confirm any numbers.

I think most of these shops assume EGR deletion with the bigger builds, so little is done R&D wise with a model that is compliant.
Ya I hear ya, I'd like to know with a egr model how much would these different manifolds actually flow.