Bad injector(s) cause stalling?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Can bad fuel injectors cause these trucks to stall? 2005 model tried everything stalls randomly at low speeds throw it in neutral and fires right back up.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ficm voltage good new cam sensor and ipr valve. Fuel filters, ford dealer looked at it too and wanted to throw all 8 injectors at it but couldnt guarantee that was the prob I'm stumped here. Egr is deleted as well, the guy at the ford dealer said injector #3 looked the weakest on diagnostics any help would be appreciated.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Runs like crap in the morning and it seems to stall most often when cold but happens when it's warmed up sometimes as well. No codes either.

Zmann

Reaction score
if they ran a contribution test and said all 8 were bad?

mine did the same at one point and only showed 2 and they didn't want to even take my money to do the other 6 and I am good with that 50 k later an no more issues

so I tend to think yours is on to something but it it a dealer and they are all different

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
No he said 4 of them were on a cold start but said I might try injector #3 first idk

Zmann

Reaction score
no mine was running rough not stalling out

but injectors can have different levels of fail so IDK

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Stalling out isn't usually just one injector. It typically is low HPO, or a fuel issue. The latter being the most critical to preserving the injectors. You need to use a monitor to get some cues or clues as to what is happening. Get your fuel pressure checked as well. Knowing why your CMK was changed may have an influence on a possible solution.

Lassie

Reaction score
If you have combustion gas getting into the fuel rail in a head, it will stall the engine. Have you bubble tested? One injector could be doing this but it will cause terrible missing on every hole in a bank.

Number one was not torqued tight enough in one of mine once, it took a thousand miles to start showing up. Was much worse cold than hot. Also, the bubble test did not show my problem, AE showed the missing on every hole in the bank, which led me to pulling injs on that side and found copper washer on #1 was completely gone. Inj hold down was very loose also.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
check the ficm harness going to the injectors.... you may want to try some rev-x or arch oil 9100 and see if that helps. I would also look at the fuel bowl and regulator.... I saw one that would start and run but die out after a few minutes because the fuel regulator was dirty..... check the banjo bolts too and upgrade to the 6.4 ones

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Both mechanics I have been to say it looks normal on all the parameters the guy at the ford said it just shuts off no vrefs nothin what a pita. I will check the harness over again it seems to happen mostly when it's cold.

Latest posts

Members online