Bad injector(s) cause stalling?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Just got it to repeat itself once wiggling the wires around the heater box can't get it to reenact though gonna let it cool down and try again.

Lassie

Reaction score
It sounds like you're nailing down a wiring issue, so you you probably won't need this.

Bubble testing is a way to see if combustion gases are getting into the fuel. You pull the fuse for the FICM under the hood, and the fuel pump fuse in cab. Pull topside fuel filter. Crank the engine and watch for bubbles in the filter cavity. If you see bubbles, you move on to isolating which head.

Lassie

Reaction score
If you can get it started again, graph ICP pressure and voltage until it dies. If the ICP sensor cable is shorting across, the engine will think ICP was much higher than actually is and the IPR will relieve to much oil and could cause a stall. I don't know why this would be so intermittent though.

Also what year is this? Do you have the intake elbow with the throttle plate in it? EGR still there?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ok gave all the harnesses a thorough check can't find anything also couldnt get the truck to stall once, however when I unplug the icp while running the truck will make a quick jump in rpms then back down, also seems like the truck lacks power with it unplugged does this mean anything?

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
yea when you unplug it the motor goes into limp mode basically because it cant measure icp. call me tomorrow sometime so i can run back through everything with ya. i might have something up my sleve. lol you just need to get the truck to me i got you bro!

G Racing

Reaction score
As stated above a bad icp sensor will cause similar issues. Easiest way to check this is to look at icp with the key on and engine off. The sensor should read 0psi. If it is reading psi like 100-300 psi it will cause the ipr not to build enough high pressure oil and the engine will stall.

Alfie

Reaction score
^^ to add to the icp spec look at voltage usually .18-.24 is normal. And is what I usually see.

Do u have a logging device ?
Does the glow plug lamp turn on after it stalls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfie

Reaction score
Leak no.

Something like this a scan tool is required to log all inputs and sync to see why it would stall.

Alfie

Reaction score
You can disconnect the icp sensor and see if it does it when it's disconnected to rule it out.

Injector shorting out mmmmm. You would think it would have communication codes. I had an injector shorting out on a truck that would cause stalling events and even starting issues. But it did have an injector code for number 2. And it wouldn't run an injector click test. Would come back as a failed.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ross is bringing me a new one friday to try, no offense but wouldn't the ford tech be able to diagnose a faulty icp sensor? And no it's never died while unplugged.

Latest posts

Members online