Bad injector(s) cause stalling?

Alfie

Reaction score
Ross is bringing me a new one friday to try, no offense but wouldn't the ford tech be able to diagnose a faulty icp sensor? And no it's never died while unplugged.

None taken. I am a ford tech and it all depends on that tech. Not all techs are equal. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroker04

Reaction score
Could also be a ficm harness shorting out. Wiggle the wiring at the top of each injector and see if you can get it to die. My truck and a friends truck both stalled due to that issue. Sometimes will cause a no-start and other times will just cause it to missfire or die.

Alfie

Reaction score
Could also be a ficm harness shorting out. Wiggle the wiring at the top of each injector and see if you can get it to die. My truck and a friends truck both stalled due to that issue. Sometimes will cause a no-start and other times will just cause it to missfire or die.

Agree. ^^^ try wiggle the hole engine harness try to duplicate the issue at idle. Small section at a time. Like I said. Best thing is to drive it while monitoring pids. See why it stalled. They will tell u if there is a short, sensor issue as far as inputs go.

Was the ford tech using IDS? And was he able to duplicate the issue and get a recording?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I believe it was ids but not sure he seemed to think it was a short he kept saying no vrefs or something like that, yes he was able to duplicate the problem he wanted to throw 8 injectors in the truck because he thought one of them was shorting out but couldn't gaurantee it would fix it.

Alfie

Reaction score
I honestly cannot see why he would say no vref but recommend injectors. Two different things. All the injector shorts I have seen have more symptoms then your having. Vref short will have a glow plug lamp after the truck stalls as the PCM shuts off and then powers up so then it will be like the key was turned on again. Same with lost of power or ground suddenly. That and when recording on IDS there will be a blank on the recording. It will look like it skips. That's y it will beat to see the pids. Does that tech do drivability?

If there is no shorts then the pids will show why it stalled. Lost of sync. Faulty icp, Etc...

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I have a friend that works at a different dealer who said he can get me a recorder to put in the truck.

Alfie

Reaction score
Tomorro at work ill create a short in an injector circuit and see what I get just to double check make sure my info is 100%. As injector shorts can cause PCM shut down as well

Stroker04

Reaction score
My truck was a pain to figure out when my ficm harness shorted out. My truck was throwing a cylinder 6 low circuit code for months but the truck ran great for me, so I let it go. Big mistake..a few months later it shorted cylinder 6 out backshorted through the harness took out 3 other injectors fried my ficm and somehow my GEM module got destroyed. I've never seen anything like it before in my life.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I found a chafed wire at the oil temp sensor under the turbo while changing a cracked up pipe I went ahead and repaired it, ran outta time gonna finish today would this cause a stall?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Update: finished replacing the up pipe and the truck was running horribly rough took it down the road and never cleared up, got back to the shop popped the hood and wiggled the center connection around the ficm I think I found my problem the truck would almost die completely when moved a certain way gonna pull it tomorrow for a closer look.

Latest posts

Members online